TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out I am pregnant. My kidneys have only been stable for like 3 months but were still leaking minimal protein. This was a total accident, i had been using condoms and one broke. AHH!! Of course it takes ONE TIME. Well I am pregnant and cant even be excited.. most of you know i lost my baby due to pre eclampsia in 2005. I am so concerned with my health. My kidney doc is saying i should consider ending pregnancy. My OB said that we are also unsure of what would happen. Well they have me seeing a high risk ob and i see my lupus doc tomorrow. They are saying i should really pay attenion to what high risk doc says. I just dont want to have permanent kidney damage and be on dialysis. My last pregnancy caused my kidneys to hae 67% function but thank God, chemo has them back up to 97% function.. I dont want permanent damage and dialysis. I just needed to vent to some people who know what i am going through! Thanks for listening ladies!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Leah :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry to hear the position you are in right now, it must be so hard when your body, brain and doctors are saying one thing yet your heart is saying something totally different.

I really hope the docs that you are seeing will help you make the right decision.

I am unable to have children due to a rare blood disorder that i have, so the decision of having children was taken away from us, i find it very difficult even now to think that i will never be a mum and i will never make martin (my hubby) a dad but i am glad that i have never had to make the decision myself as i am sure i would have listened to the wrong part of my body.

I will be thinking of you and i hope that things work out for the best for you. Keep intouch and let us know how things go.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Leah,

I'm so sorry that you have to take this tough decision. I really can't offer any advice, I don't think anyone can much. All we can do is send you lots of strengthening hugs to help you through this time.

:grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Leah,

Im sorry that you are in this predicament. It is a very stressfull time for you, you can only take the advice that you are given and whatever decision you make will be the right one in the end. Its a very tough one for you but you will get through this and I just want to wish you the best of luck and hope you will have better health in the future.:hug:

Primrose

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Leah,

My heart hurts for you and the difficult decision you must make. I pray that you find the strength you need at this time. I am sure you will do what is right for you and your family.

Take care of yourself,
Sharon

·
Registered
931 Posts
(((((((((Leah)))))))))))) :hugbetter:

I'm really sorry for the incredibly difficult situation you're in... :(

I have no advice for you, but wanted to send loads and loads of hugs your way :grouphug2: :grhug:

Zoi

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi leah im am sorry that you have to make a decision that is out of your control but i wish you all the very best for the future :) elisabeth

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
What a terrible position to be in; listen to your doctors, your husband, your head and your heart. I hope there is good news coming up from the doctor appointments. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. Three months remission is at least something to hold onto...

Please let us know how it turns out... I'll be thinking about you!

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Leah

Im very sorry you are in this position :sad: Its heart breaking. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Leah,

I just wanted to offer my support. Your head must be all over the place with such a prediciment. I'm sure you'll do what's right for you and your hubby. Don't think anyone will judge you - be assured that everyone is here to support you no matter what.

Thinking of you :hugbetter:

Pam xxx

·
11,405 Posts
((((Leah))))

It is a tough situtation for you and your husband to be in.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care Sweetie,

Lyn

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all the love and support! I saw my rhuematologist on Friday. He said the same that I should terminate. If i chose not to then he can try to put me on imuran the whole time which would hopefully keep the lupus supressed. The answer I couldnt get was how likely it was to help me. I see my kidney doc tomorow and the high risk ob in a few weeks. So still in limbo but I appreciate all the thoughts!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Leah, This is a choice none of us want to face and I am sorry the answer isn't clear to you. We will be here whatever you decide. I was in a similar situation and went ahead with my second child. I don't regret it, but it was hard. She is worth it.
Big Hugs,
Lola

1 - 13 of 13 Posts