TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to winge on, but anyone else ever feel like this.
1 cant breathe properley because im to fat i think,and its all just under the bust like im pregnent, No im not of course ... im down to 22 and halfmg predinslone now, and al this gain weight came from the upped dose, my neck and face im like a chipmonk,

but im trying to diet too, but this under the bust gib tummy is causing me stress in the fact its inerfering with my breathing, anyone else out there with same probs?????? my knees and ankles keep swelling up, socks can dig in bottom of legs, ive gone from a 12 to a 14 now, whats going on??

My bra as gone from a 34dd to a 36c to a 38dd omg :sad: i am wondering weather all this medacaiton now is worth it, the way its all making me feel, i cant even exercise as yet, the pred as made me that i cant get out of a chair hardly on my own, and come night time i crwl up stairs
the fatige is that bad i cant think or psell my brain doenst work properly right now, prob cos im tired all time and i hate to say it but that commode they sent me home with i have to use cos me legs wont always take me upstairs through the day. i hate this life right now.........

told you it was a big winge, im a winging pom at the moment i know
even hubby says will you give it a rest, you look the same, well he needs blooming glasses then............... sotty will sign off now hugs Lin x

wonder if any thoer meds can make weight gain??im on
Keppra
cell cept
hydroxychloroquine
prednislone
adcal d3
doxepin
Esomeprazole
atorvastatin
risedronate
veraprimil
clopidogrel
tramadol
co-codamol
well eye drops wouldnt cause it lol

thats about it i think xx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Lin, Sometimes internal organs can swell too. I get a pain in the liver area sometimes and it feels swollen if I try to bend forwards. (So it may not be fat in your case)

I am on high pred. at the mo. but coming down. You have my sympathy and I am sure you are lovely anyway. I am a 12/14 and have to say that is not fat!
x Lola

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh my Gosh Lin you sound just like me with the wieght gain the bra going up in size and feeling exactly like i am pregnant grrrrr:mad:.I never had this trouble until like a year ago when i started out loosing like 30 pounds and then out of nowhere i gain all of is back plus more.Then i started walking like 45 minutes a day up hillsand down hill for like 4 months and guess what still nothing no wieght lossed:(.Then in two months now i gained like six pounds more grrr

I guess what i am trying to say lin is i feel for you big time and until last monday i have not even been on prednisone:(.It is not at all an easy process to ever loose wieght especially when you take as many meds as we do with the lupus.I am sending you big(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) to help you to feel better.I have a feeling knowing you as i do you are such a sweet and beautiful person on the inside as much as you are in the inside.Try not to be to hard on hubby he loves you no matter what is what he is saying probably not like he does not notice the wieght but thats not what he cares about is that it is you as a person:).Hang in there and email any time young lady:).We are all hear for you:).

Tammy

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Dear Lin just wanted to send you a hug because we have talked about this hun...i am here for you ANYTIME you know that ((((hugs))) x x x x

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Lin,
It is ok you are with friends here. There are some exercises you can do sitting in the chair and might even help with the breathing and with the feeling of being so fat. I am sure that you are fine, but if it is bothering you that much talk with the doctor and go over your meds with them and see if adjustments can't be made. I know about the swelling as I feel like and look like a marshmellow right now. I just tell myself it can't stay like this forever. I refuse to diet, I have a disease that don't let me do things I love to do like walk for miles and to be in the sun and have the fun in the sun everyone else has and I will be darn if it takes food from me also that I like. This is just me and sorry if it affins anyone. I look at it like this if this disease ever kicks me to bed and I can't eat much than I have a little weight to loose. If I could ever feel better again I would love to go on my walks again.

·
11,405 Posts
(((Lin)))

I am sending soft gentle hugs to you.:hug::hug:

Please don't be so hard on yourself. You have been having a rough time for quite awhile. Your family loves you.

Take care I will be thinking of you.
:hug:
Lyn

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lyn thanks for that hug, just what i neede right now, its 15 30pm, ive just had to put my pjs on, that hurt as statrted gain in my ribs under my left bust, im so tired all time,

Hubnby took me out for 1hr to the shops thats why im tired i think have had to come on bed, gonna have to have 40winks now, just cant wait to be Lin again, thanks again for being here, it means such a lot, as i know you know what im going on about, ppl just dont uinderstand really they dont,
and im not saying its there fault either...thanks Lin xx

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Lin - sorry you are feeling so down with it all at the moment ((((((((hugs)))))))). This illness is so unpredictable and I think the exhaustion is the worst bit. Size 12/14 doesn't sound fat - but I know that if you feel that way others telling you it's o.k doesn't always help. If you need to rest then just rest. I know to my cost that trying to keep going when you are so tired you can't even think straight is counter-productive. I do hope things get better for you. I'm on 10mg pred at the moment and it's worked for me. I've gone from being in terrible pain, swollen joints, difficulty walking and so tired I couldn't have told you what day it is just before Christmas to being almost back to normal again now. I still get tired but it's nothing like it was.
Take care Lin.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Lin

Im very sorry to hear how bad you are feeling :sad: It's just awful feeling so rotten all the time. I am a bit concerned about how 'swollen' you are feeling though :worried: and the fact that your breathing is so poor as well. Size 14 is by no means 'fat', if you are feeling like something is pushing up on your chest and making it difficult to breathe I would want to see someone urgently about it.

It may have nothing to do with being a bit 'fatter' but everything to do with internal inflammation.

Will you try and let us know how you are tomorrow and if you are just no better can you get to a doctor to have him check you out? Some of the medications you are on can cause weight gain but I wouldnt just assume it was normal 'weight' causing this swelling feeling and breathing issues - especially as the swelling is in your legs and ankles as well.

Much love and strength to you. My heart goes out to you these days. You have been through so much in the past few months :hug:

Love
Joan:rose:

·
Banned
808 Posts
((((Lin))))

I am sorry that you are feeliing so bad, and hope that you can get checked out with the feeling sollen and breathing.

I can relate to the awfull weight gain on steroids and just how that can effect everything but agree with others, that perhaps there is something else going on, I really wouldn't think that going up to a size 14 would be having the stuff that you have going on.

With love, and very best wishes xx

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Lin,

My hubby also is blind as a bat. I have put on 70 pounds since we first met and he thinks that I look great as well. Silly men. haha I think alot of the medications that we have to take plus our inability to be as active as our minds want us to be. I don't take Prednisone very often but when I do, I definately see a difference in my weight. I also have breathing difficulties, not because of my weight, although I am sure that doesn't help, but because I have some bad lungs and require to be on oxygen 24/7/365. Hopefully I will get to some sort of a place in my life that I can exercise a little bit even if it is just a stroll around the mall. I would definately like to lose some of this weight that I seemed to have found, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, but I will try.

Nancy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Iv'e got have my bloods done again weekly as ive only been on the MMF for just over a week,
so when i go wednesday im gonna have chat with nurse, as i dont htink i should be feeling swollen in tummy like this, its not low stomache, its like when having a baby right under bust comes out from there,
i think it must be hurting my ribs more on the centre towards the left.was chatting too dear daughter on the phone just she said tell them mum sounds like your holding lots of fluid,

hand and feet knees keep swelling ,for me anyway, as i always had legs like olive oil out of popeye!!Sorry to keep winging on, and yes i know A SIZE 14 is nothing but even clothes by midday cutitng in me!!

thanks again, i have taken everytthing you have all sida on board am gonna seek nurse first if i get no where then the DR

thanks Lin xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Lin

I hope everything goes well at the nurses. It really does sound like there might be something else going on.
Hope your feeling better soon

Hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ps - are you seeing Jo on wednesday? if not you can ring up tmrw and ask to see her as she is very good and helpfull.

I often go and see her.

Love always
rachna xxx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rachna, no dont see her till 11th march i think, then dr b later than that, this is my local dr's for weekly bloods.

thanks ,i could e mail jo wouldnt be the first time
thanks Lin xx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Lyn
I am wondering if what you are suffering is a condition called ascites, pronounced, I think, as ass- eye- tease.
There are many possible causes of this, but it can be caused by lupus. It can cause SOB because of pressure on the diaphragm, like in pregnancy. Here is a general article about it.

I hope you can get in touch with your health professionals to try to find out what's causing it and hopefully get some relief.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthato...?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/ascites.jsp

I am sure it is a right pain calling on your docs again but why suffer needlessly if something can be done

Many hugs and my best wishes for you feeling much better very soon.
Clare

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Lyn

You have described exactly where I tend to gain weight. I am now a size 14 and it does seem very big after being a slim person in the past. It goes on my bust and right around my rib cage, back and upper arms. Makes me feel like a big blokey as I never minded being alomst flat chested in the past.

Anyway, I never feel short of breath, even though it does feel uncomfortable when my weight goes up and it is an ever increasing struggle to keep it under control. I certainly do not get pain under my breast.

If I had general swelling (which does sound rather like fluid to me - ankles, legs, etc) I would definitely go to the doctor, even if I thought it was related to steroids.

Good luck.

:love:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dont laugh but a lot of these symtoms sound like mine, im gonna ask tomorrow the nurse when im dow there having my bloods done

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cushing's_syndrome#Signs_and_symptoms

i even looked at a picture of that man on there he's like me pregnent and bust geting bigger .i could be barking up wqrong tree, but im onlyt trying to know what wrong cos something sure isnt right, and to gain so quick too, from dec 11th 11, 4 to now 12 st 8, somthing wrong

ok moan over thanks for listning dear friends Lin xx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
had bloods done today, nurse thinks its all down to the steriods, she said i look so uncofy,she also took bloods cos of the constant thurst.

have made appointment to see gp friday, see what he says.

Lin xx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts