The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
9,117 Posts
Hi,

Prior to having Rituxan I was very nervous. It was all for naught. The only reactions I had were a slight temperature, chills and sore throat during the first hour. Aspirin took care of all the symptoms quickly. My blood pressure jumped around a bit but was always in an acceptable range. During successive treatments I have had no reaction at all. Afterwards I always go through a period of extreme fatigue for a few months.

Rituxan has really helped me. It turned around my cognitive issues and all the normal Lupus issues. The central nervous system issues were only helped slightly. My quality of life has vastly improved.

Good luck with your infusion. I hope it really works for you. Some people see immediate effects, the first time it took almost 4 months. The last time took about 1 month.

Take care,
Lazylegs

· Administrator
9,117 Posts
Hi Fairy,

Staying overnight is most likely a precaution. Doctor's have found that if you do have a reaction they can stop temporarily and then start up again more slowly. My first one took 6 hours, hopefully yours is a short one also.

Good luck,
Lazylegs

· Administrator
9,117 Posts
Hi Fairy,

Glad to hear that it went ok. I don't get cyclo so I go in one day and then again 2 weeks later.

I hope the fatigue isn't too bad for you and those B cells die quickly.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.