The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

With all these things there are always gonna be bad cases because these are major chemicals you are putting into your body but when they work they are brilliant!

But I just wanted to give you a word of warning. My sister had a really nasty reaction to Rituximab. She was having it for her Rhuematoid Arthritus. She had a bit of a reaction after her 1st dose but a day after her 2nd dose she became very ill and almost died. Praise God she came through it but she has been left with permenant nerve damage because of her bodies reaction to this drug.

This is a very rare reaction - In the 1 million people who have used this drug across the world only 6 people have reacted in this way but 4 of them were being treated for Lupus. So please make sure you carefully weigh up for yourself whether the risks are worth it for you.

I really am a firm believer in not worrying about all the side effects but I dont want another family to go through what we have been through in the last month.

K

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.