The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,hope this finds eveyone well today.I am having one of my (closet days).You know when you just want to lock yourself in the closet and not come out?I do not want to move or to think,any suggestions on how not to do either of these?:lol: Anyhow,I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.I have been depressed and having mood swings for about 18 months now but did not want to admit it.When I get really stressed out or in sudden severe pain(example) when my horse stomped on my foot real good,my throat goes severly numb like I have swallowed a tube of oragel.It is becoming more frequent but the only time I notice it happening is in those two situations.Anyone have any thoughts on this?Thanks alot for the big hearts and patient ears of eveyone here.It truly makes you feel that you are not alone. MANY BLESSINGS,PATTI

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi patticake! I just posted a thead about a new symptom I was having and it had to with my throat and lymph nodes. You can read it under the title" my lupus has progressd." I got this pain in my throat that didn't really feel like numbness, it would feel like I was being choked (really the only way i can describe it) every time i would take a deep breath. It was painful and felt like it was in the trechea( front of the throat). It happened when I got a flare up. I definitley caught me of gaurd and I hope I never have to go through it again. This may have not been much help to you but we can only speculate the lupus because God knows , this disease has so many awful surprises. I really hope you find some answers,until then take care.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Patti, and a very warm welcome. For years, and years, I was in denile about me being depressed. I used to tell the dr.'s that I was not depressed, I was just Piss**ed-off. I finally gave in, and ask my dr. for an anti-
depressant,. doc said that it would take at the very least two weeks to click in. I sware, by the end of the very first week, I was a person that I did not know. I was also a person that I had not been since I was very, very young. I suddenly smiled, said "Hi" to strangers, didn't screem at the checkout line at the food store, and my hubby liked his new wife so much that he didn't care what made the change happen. And it is so subtle, you don't even know you have taken a pill. It gave me a new life, and I am doing things again. Try that first, for now, can you go watch another T.V. in the house and be by yourself? Write back and give us an update, would you? We are here to try to help you.:wink2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you

Thanks alot for the uplifting words.I feel better today than I did yesterday.It was deffinantly one of the worst days I have ever had.I have come to terms with the fact that I am in a somewhat deep depression.I have useally been very good about handling things like stress ,this illness "the blues"without letting it get me down,but my momma passed away in october 06 and she was my best friend and I miss her so much that I just can not not seem to get a grip on it.It all just seems unreal and that I am waiting to wake up from a bad dream.So on top of that and not feeling well I guess I thought it would just go away.My docter put me on depakote er this past tuesday,I wonder if it will help with any of this? THANKS AGAIN,GOD BLESS , PATTI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Patti
I also have throat numbness that comes and goes. Asked my internal and he has no clue. I thought maybe it was a med. interaction but they say none of my meds are interacting. I have a cervical spine mri scheduled. My arms and leg also go numb along w/ the throat at times. If I find anything out I will let you know!!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts