The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, this is the 3rd time ive posted on here and have found you all to be really kind and helpful especially as i am waiting on a diagnosis at the moment, but it all points to lupus. I was just wondering, is oral thrush a common lupus symptom and how can i treat it. Its come on gradually over the last few weeks but is really horrible today. I wont be able to go to the dr until tues (easter hol) but any advice would be appreciated as im worried

many thanks annie xx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Annie

You could try eating natural LIVE yoghurt before trying any over the counter medicines, but if you go to your local chemists they can sell you products over the counter too and they are very effective.

If it's a recurring problem eating live yogurts regularly can eventually 'cure' you.

If you have to take antibiotics for any reason, that is a good time to re-kindle your yoghurt therapy if you have lapsed, because anti-biotics are a nuisance for causing thrush.

Take care :love:

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
HI Annie have you tried cranberry juice that is supposed to be good for it hope you get some relief till you get to your doctor there is nothing worse than a sore mouth best wishes elisabeth

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Annie, my Daughter had this recently, the Dr. found it while looking at her throat. She took drops and they fixed it very quickly. Have you had antibiotics lately, thrush can follow them.
x Lola

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have to say I found out just how allergic to dairy I am when I tried the natural yoghurt remedy and applied it where the sun doesn't shine.My poor bits swelled up so much I ended up with two bottoms instead of one:hehe:
Julsie

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Annie, yes, thrush is common to lupus, at least that's what I have been told,while I was in my Dermy's chair with a mouth full of thrush. He gave me something to swish , then spit, in my mouth, it worked, but I don't remember what it was, I am so sorry. But it is good that you have it when your dr. can see it, he will see exactly what you are dealing with.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've also had a sticky kind of medicine stuff for oral thrush. You hold it in your mouth as long as possible then swallow. Not unpleasant aniseed flavour either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts