TheLupusSite.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi My name is Alma Calleros I am new I was diagnosed with lupus 6 years ago only because I ended up in the hospital with pericarditis I had strange syptoms since I was in elementary but they always came and went. At the age of 38 I almost lost a brother with an aneurysm and three months later my oldest brother died of heart attack . I became so depressed that I lost 20 lbs in less then a week I thought because of the stress . I later started with pain in my joint where I couldn't extend my arms. I then ended up with a pain in my back that would not let me breath I continued to go to the doctors for three weeks because the pain would not go away finally One day the pain just got the best of me and wouldn't go away with any pain killers I was rushed to the hospital only to be questioned as to which drugs was I on because my heart rate was so high . I cryed because I had never done drugs so why should this dctor accuse me. Finally after being in the hospital for 8 days I was told that it seem as if I might have lupus. I was sent home and referred to a ruemotrologist . He immediately confirmed that I have lupus SLE. I then found a wonderful special person Dr. Oreggio whom explained the disease. I have been in and out of the hospital . I have started to finally learn that I must rest alot:(:( in order to keep my sanity I listen to music and volunteer my time to schools when I am not sleeping . I have been diagnosed with all of the following Lupus,fibromyalgia,Rynauds,thyroid,hypertension,sclederma,pulmonary hypertension, endrometriosis, Fibroids in my lungs,I continously have a chronic cough.chronic fatigue. But believe it I thank God for this disease because this gave me the opportunity to come out of my working space to spend more time with my now 17 year old son, to attend to those students that dont have a parent to support them . I really believe that if I am still alive today after being in a critical state in CCU 6 years ago. God had a pupose for me and my journey was not over it actually had just begun:). At the beginning it was all a bad dream. But now the sun has risen I have a lot to do . I have meet many new and exciting people along the way. I enjoyed dancing and that was my biggest fear of not being able to do so with out being so exhausted . I now just dance one dance at a time. I am blessed with each additional day given and even though I have some tough days I try to think positive and say I can and will get up today and try. Thank you for listening to me vent. I know you may understand me because some of my friends and family don't Therefore I try to always be that happy going person that they all knew even in those hard days . I must be in a hospital bed for them to know Im sick because when I am out pain and all out I seem as nothing is wrong. [email protected]:wink2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow,what an inspiration u are!!!!!
Firstly welcome to this site,it truely is a wonderful place where we can say how we feel,and know we aint going mad!!! There is always someone on here who has been or is in the same boat.
Im really glad to have read ur post u have taken me out my pity pot !!!
I normally have the same outlook as yourself and believe that i have been given this condition for a reason ,but lately ive become so overwelmed with the pain that i have forgotten how to be grateful.
Thanks very much for reminding me.
Look forward to getting to know you.
Gwennie x

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Alma,

Welcome to the site. I enjoyed reading, your positive post. :) I know it will help so many others, that read it, think about the difference, a positive attitude can make, in the ability to enjoy life, even suffering with several chronic illness's..
:welcome:

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Alma and welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear what a tough time you have had and about losing your two brothers.

I think that you'll find that many people here have implicit understanding of everyday life with this disease and that can be very comforting at times. I hope you enjoy being with us.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hello Alma,

A Very Big :welcome: To you,

So Glad you found the site, I am sure you are going to enjoy it as much as I do...There is so much support and information here...
Yes you are right we all understand you and know what you are going through as most people look at us and think well she or he looks good... IT must be in their head... We know it isn't ... Of course there are those that are so supportive , like my family... I am very lucky that my friends and family understand.... And have been there for me through all of this...
I was diagnosed about seven years ago with lupus.. But have had it most of my life... just went undiagnosed..... I used to think I was a hypochondriac as I was either having an operations or something else was happening to me....
When I joined this site it was like... finally other people that have exactly the same symptoms as me...How nice... people that understand, and we do.... Welcome

:love2: Love Penny

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
Alma... you a definitely an inspiration. Welcome to the boards..... Sorry that you have had such a rough time, but it sounds like you are taking it all in stride.

I am 32 years old... it is does suck when you are young and lupus prohibits you from doing things that you want to do... but I have taken on your attitude... so when I have good days... I try to live my life to the fullest... an on those not so good days... I do what I can.... but I have stopped being depressed over this disease...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and are having a pain free day!

·
Registered
331 Posts
8)Greetings and Welcome Alma,

I know how you feel and I agree with you.

"I am blessed with each additional day given and even though I have some tough days I try to think positive and say I can and will get up today and try."

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Alma,
welcome to the lupus site.

Sorry you have so much to deal with. Lots of luck and best wishs to you.

Take Care

Cassie :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.