The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eldest son had to have this test today as ordered by his cardiologist. He has had numerous symptoms for a long while now & has diagnoses ie generalised seizure, costrocondritis(sp), asthma (which disappeared about 10 years ago & reappeared this year), Hypermobility,severe allergy to grass pollen (developed symptoms of anaphylaxis this year), & marfanoid but doesn't fill all criteria for this.
Today following the test they said his blood pressure drops & his heartbeat races & has to try compression stockings (this is not what a 20 year old male calls fashion) & if these don't help he has to go on long term medication. I still worry that lupus could be behind it all.
Also my sister was under investigation for lupus a couple of years ago but the rheumatologist put all her symptoms & blood abnormalities down to depression. I told her to go back to her Gp last weekend so she did but saw a locum who listened to her & examined her ,finding all her joints were inflammed . She looked at her medical records & consultant report & it said she should have been observed but the rheumatologist discharged her. The locum has written an urgent referral to the rheumatology department , the locum discovered that my sisters regular Gp has been wrongly treating her with anti inflammatories & she has asthma.
It really makes me angry when doctors dismiss symptoms & put it all down to depression!.
My sons symptoms were first put down has pshycological (sp)!
Thats all for now
Love Angied

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Hi Angie,

It would be great if the compression stockings would do the trick. Let us know how it turns out.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi Angie, I see you are from my part of the world!! I hope the stockings work for your son, I know they are not nice, but at least they can be hid under trousers.

It is annoying that docs standard response to everything seems to be depression. Hopefully your sister will get better care now.

Deb

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Depression causing blood abnormalities???:eek::eek::eek: Sorry but I have to question where your sisters doctor got his degree. What a ridiculous statement to make.

As for your son, he is young for compression socks however if they work then he may not mind them so much, especially if covered up during the colder months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts