The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wanted to ask a question, but will explain first. I woke up today with my lips feeling tingly. They also feel a little numb but more tingly than numb. I have never felt this before. Is this another symptom of Lupus? I was just curious. For some reason, I seem to have more and more things going on with my body lately that I have never experienced before. If anyone else experined this or has heard of this, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I have this but it extends further than just my lips (at times almost my whole face) and seems to be part of my peripheral (or sensory?) neuropathy problems. I have had numb and tingling feet/legs and hands for a long time now. They improve for me to a degree with treatment and lesser disease activity.

It is something to mention to your doctor but it may just be one of those things that goes away just as it came.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi,
I get it as well, they tingle and feel as though they are swelling but they are not, it extends about an inch around my mouth.
I also get it in my hands, feet arms & legs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not been diagnosed with lupus, so I don't know if this will help, but I sometimes get a tingling throughout my whole body, from my scalp down to my toes, lips included. It comes and goes. Also, I've noticed my feet, legs and fingers are "falling asleep" much more than usual. Have you noticed that?

·
4,446 Posts
Hiya.. when my lips tingle I am usually in or heading into a flare...:( I certainly had alot of this in my first year.. before and during diagnosis, it has settled with the meds thoughh, so hope that means the disease is a little more controllled. Not sure if it is worse when you are prone to raynauds or whether it is just the skin element of this naff illness!!!
Claire X

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I do get tingling in my lips, usually when I am flaring. I don't know why, and it is not especially troublesome. I put it down to just one of those things!

Deb x

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. It was just weird to wake up with my lips feeling like that. It never happened before. Today they are not tingling. I am just exhausted like always and feeling achy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i get this but mine may be different i get what feels like im passing out, a sort of rush and the buzzing you would feel in your head is instead on my lips and tongue?? its like a wooosh for a second or two sort of knocks you and sometimes i get it a few times in an hour and sometimes its continuous and i cant do anything at all i say it may be different because as yet i dont have a diagnosis. My docs just shrug this off but it really freaks me out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.