TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am fed up with being tired going to bed tired getting up in the morning and am still tired still in pjs now have no energy i dont like it.Have been back to bed got back up and i am still the same.Its not that i am doing any thing that makes me like this so fed up feel sorry for hubby sorry for the moan Elisabeth

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Elisabeth

I'm sorry you're having a bad time. I get really bad fatigue and I hate it. I hate having to call in sick because I'm too tired to even think straight; it sounds like such a lame excuse. But it isn't, it's real and the best thing to do is accept that. Fighting it only makes it worse and then I get dizzy spells and double vision and headaches...all sorts of fun.

Hope you pick up soon. xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Elisabeth,

We're all there with you. The tiredness is soooo frustrating and can really get you down at times. Unfortunately it is the thing that the docs have the greatest difficulty relieving.

Just to offer you some hope. Mine is slightly better now. It eventually calmed down a bit when the disease was brought under control. I had a bad patch again recently and that really took it all out of me again but things are looking up now and I at least feel relatively normal if I don't do too much :lol:

Katharine

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi Elizabeth, I am in there with you too, it stinks to wake up more tired than you were the night before or having just a little exertion wipe you out. I park in our lot, walk into the building, it's not far, then have to sit down and wait, then walk the short distance tomy apartment, when I get inside then it's a nap. It's so fruatrating. I hope this gets better soon, and I think your hubby understands and loves you. ((((HUGS)))) Take care, Karly

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:wink2: :( Hi Elizabeth, I know just how you feel, I am just comming out of a flare, and I am still fighting the end of the extreem tiredness. The only thing I can offer is to tell you to pace yourself. I mean sloooow pace. I will make the bed, then sit on the couch for 1/2 hr. or more. then I
will get up and look at the amount of dishes that are dirty, if there are too many, I will only wash some of them, then sit, when I am rested I will do some more and so on. I
hope that it doesn't sound stupid, but I have had days where that was the only way that I could function, and I have had day's where I couldn't even do that. So , pick you're battles, and only do what you can, you are Not lazy!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
How are you today elisabeth? I hope the tiredness is a bit better or even gone! Are your other symptoms any worse or is it sticking to the tiredness!

I never get over tiredness myself - I'm either tired or chronicaly tired - can't win!

Lesley

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can share your sentiments as there were times when I felt so bad and tired that like you no matter how much I sleep I am still tired at the end of it and it never goes away. As a result I cannot take part in activities like the rest of my friends do and my friends can never understand why I am chronically tired which is frustrating. As I am a student, there are times when I felt so bad that I cannot even walk a few steps/short distance to the shop to get groceries and after my shopping, I would be so exhausted that I need to go to bed straight away. I could not study or concentrate and really felt like giving up at times. I just try and pace myself and have had to take frequent breaks while doing things and I rest when I know i have reached my limits as I know if I don't do so I might get a flare. Hope u are better n have u tried increasing your steroid dose as that usually helps me!

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All thank you all for your support and i do feel a bit better today.But still tired not doing much.If i feel a bit better i will have TJ for a couple of hours tomorrrow will let you know if i have him once again thank you all:) :) :) Elisabeth

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Elizabeth

You need never apologise for talking about problems here! "Moaning" is a word we don't use :)

Although fatigue is a major symptom of lupus especially when it isn't stable and controlled it's very important to check out other possible causes which get neglected surprising often after diagnosis when almost everything tends to get blamed for the lupus.
Anemias of various sorts are very often the cause, then there's thyroid problems and even diabetes and perhaps fibromyalgia with its poor quality of sleep that might have crept up or not been diagnosed originally.

Another cause is medications and I seem to remember you are on a lot of the sort that might cause sleepiness and general slowing down. Perhaps it's time for a revision of these sorts of medications or at least the dosages? You might have to play around for a while to find the right combination. Maybe you are undermedicated for the lupus itself or flaring or, heaven forbid, worsening disease. When do you see your rheumy again?

I don't think it's a good idea to start using Prednisone simply for its artificial stimulus without your doctor's say so and without having the other possible causes ruled out.

All the best

Clare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts