TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I didnt mean you are old.just friends for longer then the new ones:rotfl:
after five years of lupus and the bipolar dx I am finally going to receive treatment with mood stablizers. or wow. after 53 years of being this way, will there be a new me:hehe:

I just wanted to let you are know that things do happen if you wait long enough in Canada

so on I go and see what happens to me

I will let you know. or you may found out from my posts :wink2:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Carol,

Your perseverance finally paid off. I hope you get the right drug for you on the first try. May you have many lighthearted years ahead.

:flower2:
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Carol:)

I am so glad things are finally going well for you(((hugs))).They do say good things come to those who wait:lol:but this long is rediculous:pright.I am just so glad to see you post.I sure do miss you young lady and sure hope we do see you on more often.I just really do hope things do continue to get better for you(((((((((hugs))))))))).

Tammy

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hiya Carol :)

I am so happy that you are finally going to receive treatment for the bipolar but its a darn shame you had to wait a disgraceful amount of time for it :hugbetter:

I sincerely hope things keep looking up for you and I look forward to seeing your posts

Take good care
Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Carol,:)

I am so happy that you are going to get treatment for your bi-polar.:bigsmile:
I look forward to seeing your posts and when you feel up to it, we will see you in chat.:bigsmile:

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Carol,

I am so happy, for you! Hopefully, you will feel much, much better.:)

I am sorry, you had to wait so long to be treated, Carol.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

I started taking Lamotrigine for the bi-polar three weeks ago
everything is going great. surprising I havent had to take pain meds for fibro or lupus. and have been able to get off celexa and amitiptyline

so one new med for three .wonders

I have had a chest cold and blow up of copd. so my pred has been raised to 30 mg for ten days. so the apartment is very clean :lol:
it will be nice to get off the extra pred and see what happens with just the lamotrigine. it seems to be a wonder med for me

my bone desitity was not very good this time.so I have started a new med for that.
but this is one happy person . I mentioned the pain pills for fibro (not needing to take) to the doctor and she mentioned that it might be something she will try for her other fibro patients.

perhaps a new research.

thank you for everyone's support through all of this

goats

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Great news Carol!:)
I am very pleased for you - high time you got a lucky treatment break. I hope it lasts.
Good Luck with getting over the cold and COPD
Love
Clare

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good luck with the new medication Goats. We have a family member who is bipolar and it has taken a long time to find something to help him level out a bit, but he seems to be just about there right now. He is feeling he might even be able to return to work soon after several years of being unable to function well enough to do so. It is a difficult way to be until you find something that works for you. I will mention Lamotrigine to him. Keep us in the loop.

Take care and all the very best.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Carol, This is such good news re. the bipolar. Even the steroids have had a good spin off in you getting the place sparkling. Well Done to you, all this must have taken quite an effort and bravery on your part.
x Lola

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Carol,:)

What wonderful news! I am so happy for you. :yahoo:

Take care and I hope your cold & copd are soon a memory.:)

Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
That's great news Carol :yes: and I'm pleased along with you about being able to ditch a couple of the other meds without ill effect.

Hope the cold is over and done with soon. :foryou:

love
Lily

1 - 12 of 12 Posts