TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just need some advice from people who know.

I got married a year and a half ago and we both have always wanted children. However, we knew that it would be dependant on what was going on with my lupus etc. My husband is very understanding and is adament that if/when we choose to have kids, it cant be detrimental to my health. If we had a choice, we always wanted to wait for a few more years, enjoy it being just the two of us etc.

I went to see my main consultant the other day who was very pleased to say that things were going well and had looked the best they had ever looked. We asked her to give us an idea about what situation we would have to be in to have kids and she surprised us by saying that we should think about having them in the next year because you never know when things are going to go downhill.

Honestly, I am so frightened of making that decision because I have this awful feeling that I am not going to be able to cope. I get so tired and stressed now. i cant imagine having to look after a baby too. How do you mothers cope with your everyday life? I'm scared that i will not be able to give my baby everything that it needs because i'll be feeling too ill.

so sorry for rambling,

Nadia

1 - 1 of 1 Posts