TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got myself to exercise a little bit today. I was feeling kind of lousy, just joint aches, swollen glands, fatigue, and low temperature... But I did some crunches and lifted free weights for a little while, and it made me feel a little bit better. But I also took anti inflammatories, so maybe it was that too.

I'm still trying to decide if I ought to call the rheumatologist about the temp. It's a new symptom, and I am new to lupus... Which I guess they monitor you more closely after you first get diagnosed? I don't know. I don't want to be so jumpy about everything. (It's only like 99.2 F, but I usually run slightly low.)

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Wanepoetic,

Doing some exercises sure can make us feel good. Your anti inflammatory might be kicking in. Some though it takes awhile to kick in.

You could keep a journal on how high your temps go.(time of day etc.) New symptoms should be reported.
Sorry I am not much help on that one. Only you know how you are feeling though. My rhumey's nurse is very kind when I call her. She always talks to the rhumey and writes it down in my chart.

Take care,
Lyn

·
4,430 Posts
HIya.. noting down the temperature is a good idea, especially alongside the symptoms etc.. alot of people report that their temp goes up during or before a flare....so think you should take care of yourself and not work your body too hard. It may be a good idea to get yourself checked out at the Drs for you could have the start of an infection either viral or bacterial... hope you stay well,
Claire X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts