The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I dont want to sound like a jerk but i have new symptoms that i would like to find out about.
Hard to swollow food. I have discomfort on the right side of my throat when I go to swollow my food. My doctor said my tongue is lopsided ! I am going threw with the barium swollow test on monday. Did i have a mild stroke? What is the cause for this new symptom ? Has anyone experienced this and if so please contac me. I am nervous of what is happening here.
luv, florie

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
Hi Florie,

It would be difficult to venture a guess without the tests. I would think if the doctor thought it was a stroke he would have you do a CT scan or an MRI right away. Have you experienced any other stroke symptoms such as: weakness in the face, arms or legs, difficulty speaking, coordination problems, dizziness, sudden headache?

How long has it been uncomfortable for you to swallow food? Good luck with your test. I hope you get some answers quickly.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Florie,

You don't sound like a jerk, at all. I can't say what may be at the root of your tongue being lop-sided. How are you feeling otherwise? Do you think you may be having a severe allergic reaction of some kind? I am just guessing, obviously.

I hope you feel better very soon, and that your fear are put to rest.

Best Wishes Always,
Sandy

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Florie, I am sorry hon, but I am at a loss for help. If it were just a swallowing problem, I could help maybe, but the tongue part makes it sound like a T.I.A. (a slight mini stroke ). Please let us know what happens to you, we are all here for you. Be well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts