The Lupus Forum banner

Topamax

464 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  acard 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I saw my neuro again and he put me back on Topamax 25mg work up to 50mg for my complex migraines.
I was taking Keppra a seizure med known to help with migraines, but I am still having far too many. I was on Topamax for 2 yrs , but then taken off when I was hospitalized with seizures. Anyway my side effects are numbness and tingling and it is bothersome, but this drug did help me before and I am just getting desperate at this point. My neuro specializes in seizures, so he has referred me to his colleague another neuro who specializes in migraines. I am happy about this.
My question is-any of you taking topamax and if you are-do you get the numbness and tingling too???

If you suffer from migraines and have medicinal advice-I would appreciate that too.:)

Thanks,
Becca

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Michelle,
Thank you for your reply-I too have auras with some of my migraines. It is very scary and the migraines gets so bad that I usually end up in urgent care from dehydration because of losing all my fluids and so on , and so on. Topamax was good to me, but this time around maybe because of the mix of the other drugs I am on it is yucky, but I know will work, so will stick it out. My pcp also put me on propanlol which is for low blood pressure and used for migraines, so I am hopeful:)

KarolH,
Thank you for your always positive responses. I do need that and truly appreciate it:wink2:

HUgs,
Becca

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Hi all,
I was a naughty girl and stopped my topamax. I am 2 days migraine free:) though I think due to the propanolol, which does not have ther nubness and tingliness that is soooo bad. I see the neuro on the 28th, so I will let you know if I find anything great out.

Thanks again for all your help!
Becca

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.