The Lupus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Ok, so I don't have enough wierd sypmtoms and diagnosis, I have now apparantly had a period of TGA, transient global amnesia!:panic:

:scratch: I had "an incident" while we were on vacation over the holidays that was really odd. I was packing a suitcase, preparing to leave, and I remember something about being too hot.

:explain: Next thing I know, I am standing outside, in the rain, soaked to the skin. It wasn't raining all that much, so we suspect I was out there for some little bit. I came back in the house and began questioning my husband as to what I was doing out there.

Hubby sat me down, did the standard neuro tests for stroke (smile, lift arms, ect..) and he did not feel a need to call emergency services. He tells me for the next 30 to 40 minutes I repeatedly asked him "what was I doing out there?". I have absolutly no recall of any of this.

Nuero ran EEG and had a MRI on Friday, but he feels condident that this was TGA. These episodes used to be associated with TIA and strokes, but that does not seem to be the line of thought anymore. I suppose I will learn more when the test results come back this week.

:help: Anyone else experience something like this? If so, did it happen again? Is this just another example of the weird things lupus does to our bodies, or am I losing my mind?! (what's left of it anyways..):wow:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi,
I have not experienced a TGA, but I did have my 1st and hopefully last TIA. I was confused and I was in my hometown, couldn't tell the handsome paramedic where I was verbally, but I knew it mentally.I was lucky my dh was there to do my talking and explaining.
I am sure it must have been scary because you were in a different enviroment/location. I hope that all your tests come back normal and you don't go through this again. You were also fortunate to have your dh with you.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Take Care,
Becca

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi tbunny1
Oh I thank you so much for posting this. A few years ago I experienced what was thought was a TIA but tests proved it wasn't and doctors said I was faking. I could not speak yet inside I could think the words. Babble came out of my mouth. This has happened to me several times and I also have had recent episodes of times when I don't know where I am and what I am doing. I forgot how to turn off the car for about 5 minutes in my driveway, so I no longer drive for fear of something happening while driving. I have such a hard time with words, at times they are just not there and I substitute other words and that is not a good thing cause wrong things come out of my mouth and people don't understand my situation. I get confused and can't keep up with too much conversation yet so want to talk with others. This is so frustrating. Have you found a medicaton to help? When this happened to me I did have a sensation of hearing and feeling the blood rush by my left ear and then began to talk again the first time and all the other times it has happened to me also. But the doctors said I was imagining this also. But I know what I felt and heard. I am looking into all possible avenues to help with what may be happening to me and I know I'm not making it up either. This happens and thank you for sharing this. I'm going to have my doctor look into this for me to see if he can help me if this may be what is happening to me. I've become so isolated and started to believe I was falling down that rabbit hole of make believe, this has given me some hope.

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Tracy,

Oh how upsetting for you Tracy. I hope it turns out to be just a one time thing. Just in case though make sure you always have some ID on you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thats some scary stuff ladies. I hope each of you can find out whats going on and get help with it.

wobbler...what stupid suggestions by doctors that you're faking or making it up.

Lazylegs has a good idea about the ID. It would be good in the form of a necklace or bracelet, some that will stay on you. My 92 yo neighbor across the street has dementia. He goes for walks around the neighborhood. He gets really confused. I suggested to his caretaker that he wear some kind of ID or contact info. He now has a medic alert necklace with his name, address and contact phone numbers on it.

Take care all and hope you get answers and care...

......jETSTeR

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

I have had similar symptoms as you becca, bunny, and wobbler. In addition, I got lost while walking in my own neighborhood and driving. I couldn't move from the waist down at one point, and then started suffering with migraines so severe I would vomit. Turns out..I had c.n.s. lupus as well as Fibromyalgia. Anyway..I was psychotic at the time..I didn't know what I was doing.
Once I was put on the proper medication..(Cellcept)..in addition to the proper psychiatric drugs, I started to recover.

Best Wishes,
Sandy

·
11,410 Posts
Hello everyone,

Please note that this is a very old thread. Dec. 12, 2008.

It might be a good idea Wobbler to start a new thread that way you will get more replies for you.

Love,
Lyn

I am closing this thread so there isn't any confusion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.