The Lupus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Ok, so I don't have enough wierd sypmtoms and diagnosis, I have now apparantly had a period of TGA, transient global amnesia!:panic:

:scratch: I had "an incident" while we were on vacation over the holidays that was really odd. I was packing a suitcase, preparing to leave, and I remember something about being too hot.

:explain: Next thing I know, I am standing outside, in the rain, soaked to the skin. It wasn't raining all that much, so we suspect I was out there for some little bit. I came back in the house and began questioning my husband as to what I was doing out there.

Hubby sat me down, did the standard neuro tests for stroke (smile, lift arms, ect..) and he did not feel a need to call emergency services. He tells me for the next 30 to 40 minutes I repeatedly asked him "what was I doing out there?". I have absolutly no recall of any of this.

Nuero ran EEG and had a MRI on Friday, but he feels condident that this was TGA. These episodes used to be associated with TIA and strokes, but that does not seem to be the line of thought anymore. I suppose I will learn more when the test results come back this week.

:help: Anyone else experience something like this? If so, did it happen again? Is this just another example of the weird things lupus does to our bodies, or am I losing my mind?! (what's left of it anyways..):wow:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.