TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My inflammation in the arms, shoulders and knees seems to be going down slightly. BUT now I'm getting this trapped nerve sensation in my left forearm :worried: I can't stretch or twist the forearm in certain ways... even struggling as I type this.

Is this a symptom of SLE? Or just a side effect from the inflammation - which I guess in away can be seen as an SLE symptom!!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

Yes this is from the inflamation. I believe that its called tennis elbow. I get his often. I also get inflamed tendons and muscles in my knees shoulders, hips and ankles.

My ortho told me its a combination of the inflamation and the immuno suppressants.

I just rest the offensive part as often as I can, eventually I either get used to it or it goes away, only to reappear at a later date.

If the pain is really bad, I get a cortizone injection, this will help for quite a while. I have braces that the ortho gave me to wear to rest shoulder, elbow and knees...I only use them when i have no alternative as they really inhibit mobility.

A gel wrap for tennis elbow can be used and that will help too, it goes over the forearm and gets tightened to be snug. They sell them at any pharmacy or grocery store pharmacy section.

Good Luck - Stephanie

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Surfer:

I haven't played tennis in years...I think mine is Dog Walking Elbow, Knee, etc.

Since that is the only real activity I am able to persue, I walk my dog 2 miles in the early AM and 2 more in the early evening. Thats when the sun is best for me and its not 9million degrees (hot here in FL).

He's an 84lb Lap dog who loves to walk and investgaite new smells.

Stephanie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts