The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
smile xxx hugs to all xxx
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi am looking at going spain in october

but am haveintraouble finding travell cover for the lupus and my diaylsis machine i looked at that go travel insurance and they wont cover me am seen as high risk as i also had a p.e in 06...

has anyone else travelled abourd with thier lupus and also with a diaylsis machine..

any help would be good i need some time out :lol:

roxie xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have always used Sainsburys Travel insurance, but I never had any flare up's in my Lupus. Though I don't use a diaylsis machine. Give them a call you never know.

Sim

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I am unable to get cover for my lupus - so I just take LOTS of prednisone with me, my doctors cellphone number, heparin as well as my regular coumadin and keep my fingers crossed. I am not going to not travel because I can't get insured, but I would just ring my doctor, do whatever he suggested interms of adjusting meds and jump on the first plane home.

You will probably be able to get cover for normal stuff like appendicitis or a broken leg, just not the on going health problems. They will cover stuff like my asthma and epilepsy, even my APS as I travel with a coaguchek S machine, but I have never found anyone who would cover my lupus.

Many will disagree, but I'd just go anyway, but then that is just me.

bon voyage

raglet

·
smile xxx hugs to all xxx
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no tesco or any other basic insurance dont cover my problems i dont want to risk it ive ad a p.e befor and i dont want that to happen or anything else while am miles away from familey,,,,only being 21 too its scarey!

had a quote now but am looking at £120-£150 insteed of £20 if i was well... oh well lifes to short to risk it so off to the sun i go lol

thanx roxie x

·
Registered
457 Posts
try Direct travel, they were great for me!! Direct Travel - 01903 893333

Rachel x

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I think you are very wise to take out insurance that hopefully also covers getting you back home in an emergency, god forbid, and usually paying for a companion. It's cheap for that peace of mind.

Something people don't realise is that even when covered by reciprocal arrangements you only get the basic health care provided by that country.
In many European countries many more people take out private insurance than in the UK. This inevitably means that there tends to be a marked difference between the overall quality of care in the public sector. If there are potentially very serious issues, you want to be able to access the best care possible as fast as possible.

I hope you will have a wonderful time - something to look forward to.

:)

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi
I have just booked a weeks insurance with Freedom Insurance. I thought they were reasonable.

Goodluck
Nicky

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Roxi ...hi chick, try freedom insurnace i always have them, Tesco wouldnt take me either,

tell them everything they ask you have a nice hol Lin xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts