The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving to London this summer and wondered if it's difficult to get in with a rheumatologist there. Can I get my U.S. prescription for Plaquenil filled there easily?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another American living in England

Hello there!

I have lived here in England for 7 1/2 years now and I love it!! I wouldn't go back to live for a minute. However, there are a few fast foods I miss! Just a little reminder, bring macc and cheese and fritos, you can't get them here! Anyway, about your question, yes you can get plaquinel here. You will find you will be able to see a rheumatologist here but you will need to be referred by your GP. First get into a local GP practice and they will refer you. It may take some time to get in but you will be able to. It is like having a HMO. You will discover there is a big difference between USA and UK medical system. I am a nurse and have worked in both countries. You will find the medical system slower here then in the USA. You must remember that in the USA we pay for our treatment and it is a business. In the UK the government pays and it isn't a money making business, it is a money saving business. Which one is better? Well, there are pros and cons in both countries. You can send me private messages about what to expect with your transition between the 2 countries and any other questions you may have that you wish to have answered. I will be more then happy to give you my e-mail address.

Stacie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts