TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Don't know how many know about the tropical storm heading for Florida. We want to say a special prayer for all of our members in its path and hope they all are safe. Please everyone if you are asked to evacuate please do so.

As of 6pm tonight it was over the Florida Keys.

as always
Lou

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I have already prayed as my sister is right in the path as well.

I will say special prayers for our Florida members here too.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
hoping everyone is safe

Hi Lou

I just saw that today that the tropical storm was heading towards florida((((hugs))).I am also praying for all that are in its path will be kept safe(((hugs)))).Please do what lou says if they tell you to evacuate please do just that.Please let us know afterwards how everyone is.

Tammy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I do hope all stay safe and sound.
I can't see an update.

Hugs to you Lou
Clare

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Clare,
Here is weather channel website.

http://www.weather.com/

I too hope all members are safe. :grouphug2:
Please let us know (when you can) that you are safe.

:grouphug2:
Lyn

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi all!

I guess the prayers worked, Fay never became a hurricane and just dropped a lot of water on us. We had some wind but nothing too bad.

I hope she stays calm as she finishes her visit in Florida.

Good luck and stay safe all my neighbors in North Florida.

Stephanie

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone
Here is an update as of this morning at 7am. Fay is still a tropical storm and is expecting to head back out into the atlantic near Melborn. The winds have gone down slightly and the pressure has come up slightly. The weather stations here are predicting it to make land fall again but are not real sure where. Somewhere around Jacksonville, florida.

I live right on the georgia-florida border and the only thing that we are expecting out of this storm right now is alot of rain. We do have a flood watch in effect for the low lying areas. It has been raining off and on all morning here but not very hard.

I will try to give another update as soon as it is released aroound noon today.

Thanks for all your prayers, and lets hope that this storm passes as soon as possible and no one gets hurts.

as always

Lou

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yep, I'm right in the predicted path. Lou, I'd invite you over for a hurricane party, but we''ll be in Orlando moving our daughter into her dorm.

I hope everyone stays safe and as dry as possible.

Terri

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Lou

Thank you so much for the update.I had heard last night on our news that it was going to end up possible a hurricane which will be category 1 hurricane possible.I sure am hoping that the weather man does not know what he is talking about.Terri is rure hope everything is okay when you get back to your place(((hugs)).Thanks again for the info.

Tammy

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update on storm

The storm has been down graded to a tropical storm, all hurricane warnings have been cancelled. The storm has moved off shore and is due to make land fall in St. Augustine and head west as a strong noreastern.

It has been a real nice day here on the border with the sun shinning most of the day. It has been raining most of the day in Jacksonville today. The winds are very light. We do have a flood advisory out of the low lying areas, which is nothing new in this area.

I want to thank all of you for your concern and your prayers. If there is any change I will let you know.

As always
Lou

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
:rolleyes:That is a relief Lou!:rolleyes:

X C X

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Thank goodness for that Lou :)

Thanks for that site Lyn :)

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thursday morning update on storm

The storm is stationary right around daytona beach which is south of st augustine. The winds are near 60 mph. It is projected to move back on shore near daytona, and move across the state.

It has been raining in Jacksonville most of yesterday and is raining now. The winds have been gusting up to about 40 mph. Where I am we have had a few slight showers but that is about all.

The next advisory will be out around 11 this morning if there is any change I will let you know.

Be safe everyone.

Lou

·
11,405 Posts
From what I am hearing on the news, the weather isn't the only thing to be cautious about.

The news said there are snakes and crocodiles swimming around in the flood waters.:eek:

Please be careful.

Lyn

PS. You are very welcome, Clare.:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello!

The storm was pretty nasty in the Orlando area. We had LOADS of fun moving our daughter into her dorm with it raining sideways the entire day. Is pent much of the day looking like a drowned rat. Parts of the Orlando area got 25 inches of rain, and there was a lot of flooding. And Lyn is right - there were alligators swimming in flooded neighborhoods.

All's well here at home. We had a large branch fall from one maple tree, but that's about it. Today at least we are seeing some sunshine.

Terri

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi everyone

Just wanted to give you an update. Our power has been out since Friday is the reason I have not posted. It just came back on about an hour ago.

We have received about 20 inches of rain in our area. The river (st mary's) as of sat morning was over flood stage and not expected to crest until tuesday or wed of this week. We didn't receive too much damage to our property except a few down tree limbs. There is alot of wind damage in the area however. All of the drain fields(we are all on septic tanks, because we are a rural area) in the area are full which is causing back up in the homes. There are still alot of the roads that are closed due to flooding.

Fortunately we have not had any injuries report here.

Thanks again for all your prayers and I hope where ever Fay is headed that they stay safe.

Lou

1 - 17 of 17 Posts