The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if this was an autoimmune trait or just me. I when ever I get a cut or scrape, it take me forever to heal. Do any of you have the same problem? I cut my finger on a broken CD case in my car about 2 weeks ago and it still is painful to the touch and is JUST now starting to scab over. any similarities for you guy??? I was just curious about it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi hun,

I have trouble healing too but I think it is because I am on immunsuppression drugs. It takes forever for a bruise to heal and even longer for a finger ulcer to go away. I don't know if it is MCTD, like we both have, so it will be interesting to see what others have to say about it.

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think about the immunosupressors... I just started those, so for me, I don't think that is the reason... but yes it will be interesting to see what others on here have to say.... *waving*

·
Registered
212 Posts
OMG I have this all the time, if I'm ill or cut myself or anything it takes forever to heal. I've got a few cuts on my feet (bad sandals) and they've been there for 2 weeks already and they look horrific, really horrible purple scabs, everyone's always asking me how I got such bad cuts. The last time I had a cold I had it for about 3 weeks. I always bruise easily too.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi kasha,

I seem to be the opposite as far as cuts and scrapes go, I heal really quickly and I've been on immunosuppression for ages, but even before that it was the case.
:hug:

love
Lily

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lily we are going to have to start calling you Wolverine from XMen (love those movies) since you are the quick healer, as he is...:rotfl:that is great... I wish it didn't take me so long to heal... I always get nervous about areas on my body getting infected..... thanks for the responses thus far ladies...

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I must say that I think I typically heal normally, not too fast or slow, however I had surgery in July 2007 and after 10 days the staples were due to come out.

When the doctor took out the staples the entire wound opened up, called a seroma and it left me with drains in my body for almost 3 months until the open wound closed on it's own.

The doctor did say that this typically happens with folks who do not heal right.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:rotfl:Kasha :lol:

Tea tree oil is a great antiseptic for the skin, you could probably get it from your pharmacy, that might help but just try a tiny bit on another part of your skin in case you react, you probably won't but just to be safe ;)

love
Lily

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info Lily...:)

sorry to hear about your situation Karol... poor thing.. Do you have scars?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.