The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if everyone takes two tablets a day separately... such as one table for lunch and the second tablet at dinner? Or does anyone just takes both two tablets in one meal?

Also how long will the Imuran starts to kick in? I'm slowly increasing the mg so the side effects won't be as bad.

And will the med reduces the protein in the urine? After a month or two after cytoxin, the protein in the urine was negative. I don't want to go back to having cytoxin just to reduce the protein if Imuran would work.

Thanks,
Melissa

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Melissa,

When I increased my Imuran to 2 a day I split the dose, one in the morning after food and 1 at night after my evening meal. I think that might have helped me avoid any problems with nausea as I never had nausea with it :) I'm now on 3 tabs a day and because I can never remember lunch time meds I take 1 and a half tabs am and 1 and a half pm ;) That seems to work well.

There's every chance if your kidneys are stable now that Imuran will help keep them that way. I only had reasonably mild probs and the Imuran improved them. If it's not enough for you then they can try Cellcept, it's reportedly very good for kidney probs and often people never have to have the Cytoxan again.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. Oh, it takes about 6 weeks on one dose to see the proper effect, each time I increased it things got better and better.

love
Lily

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I had to laugh :lol: I'm like Lily, I can never remember the lunch time meds!

I take one tablet in the morning and two in the evening. My rheumy's "prescription" was "50mg 3x daily".

Katharine

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i just use to take the 150mg all in a morning, but i htink you will figure this out whats best for you, as lily says she as to devide her dose, i didnt was ok all in the morning.......... i would be no good at lunch times either. im a morning and night taker lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts