The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I wasn’t being the smartest person in the world by going out all day Saturday, but I did what I could to prevent as much pain as possible and still failed. I went to see my beloved Gators play at the Swamp. The whole week leading up to the game I felt incredible...no pain, etc. I used 70 SPF, shade, lots of water, minimal walking (except to the stadium and up to our seats), didn’t eat a bunch of junk, maybe one beer, and BAM! Forget about walking or using my arms for two days. The only thing I can think of was maybe my excitement of being there caused an exhaustion that I didn’t account for. Misery all night when we got home, my husband had to get up with the kids, and I did nothing but lay like broccoli on the couch or sleep until last night. I know emotional stress can take a toll on you, but what about just being happy? I was so excited about being “home” (we used to live in Gainesville) that I didn’t think it would wipe me out like this. Anyone else run into the same “happy” problem?

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
The answer is yes, but sometimes it is worth it.

Doing what you did would wipe me out also. #1 alcohol can be a trigger for me. #2 the stairs would be a killer. #3 all the clapping, cheering, and standing up when the game gets exciting is actually a lot of exercise. Add those to all the happy energy you were bound to be exhausted.

Glad you got out and had a good time.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
florie
589 Posts
Just wanted to say you did something you enjoyed. ANd hopefully you will recover real soon from it. Glad you were able to go to the game. My fianc'e would love to see the gators play. He is also a gator fan. I wouldn't be able to go with him, I am not so much for sports. And i know the same thing would happen to me as happend to you.
If you can get a ticket let me know for my fiance. I will purchase it from you.
Just a thought. Please rest up and sending get well wishes for you.
florie

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
And now for the failiar but sometimes helpful word, "You are not alone!"
It is almost enough to realize the neurotic "impending sense of doom" real. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I take part in something I love and then crash and burn for days or even a week or weeks. Sometimes it is worth it; sometimes it is just plain stupid. As the time goes by and the SLE seems to be winning in the long run I must learn to be more selective about doing the things I love.
But a motorcycle ride in the Kananaskis region of the Rocky Mountains is worth a week or more of *&^%!
Pax,
Douglas+

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I have to agree with the others, that would cause aftereffects for me as well. I went to my sons first match of the season on Sunday and the sun came out. I was unprepared and I have spent 2 days in bed barely able to lift my arms and in pain from my swollen joints!! Still, I had a good time and I wouldn't swap it for anything. Just make sure the next time you go you haven't got anything planned for a couple of days after!!!!

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
116 Posts
We are thinking about going the see the VOLS play UCLA saturday but knowing how I will probably feel the next day I just don't know. I will do it for my hubby but I know there will be a price to pay. But he is worth it.

Stacy

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Stacy,

Go to the game and have a great time. The excitement surrounding the game will help take your mind off your troubles at least for a short time. Plus your husband will be pleased you made the effort just for him. If it is a day game remember all your sun precautions.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I go to football games too and find it totally worth it (but I love football probably more than hubby does!). I get dropped off close by and on somedays picked up as well, depends on how I am doing. Enjoy the game if you go and there may *not* be a price to pay too - you'll never know unless you try things out sometimes. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.