1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Component Your Value Standard Range
C3 94 90-180 mg/dL
C4 12 10-40 mg/dL

Seems that my levels are *right on the line*, I am new to this lupus testing (but have been symptomatic for years-I'm 38).

Any help appreciated-theres more labs that aren't in yet...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Koikoi :)

There is no right on the line, if they are within normal range they are 'normal' which yours are. If in future you have one that is below normal then that would be significant.

love
Lily

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi,

Yes these tests are considered normal but that doesn't mean all your others will be, there is no one test used to diagnose Lupus.

If you are experiencing symptoms of Lupus there are loads of other tests that should be run. Not everyone with Lupus will have the same abnormalities in bloods. Good luck with the rest of your results, we will try and help if we can. Is it a Rheumatologist who is running the tests for you?

love
Lily

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lily, yes it's a Rheumatologist. I have had issues since my early 20's.

Painful, prickly rash on my palms & feet bottoms
Positive RF at one time
VERY itchy rash that crops up a day after sun exposure
Exhaustion
Joint pain/stiffness
Night sweats
Infertility
The insides of my eyes *get swollen* and are whiteish in color
Chest pain/difficulty getting a deep breath
And the weirdest thing was when I had sores in my nose & sides of my tounge. I nearly freaked out, didn't know what was wrong!
There's more, but I don't feel good & can't think of them now...

Also my Uncle died from Lupus complications 4 years ago, I didn't even know he had it, was in the hospital, got diagnosed there and died (lung issues). So I REALLY don't want this disease, it scares the tar out of me.

I hope they can tell me *something* b/c otherwise I think I may go nuts!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
KoiKoi,

Welcome to this site!

It is good that you are being investigated for auto-immune issues and have a Rhuematologist dealing with your problems!

You really need to try and de-stress yourself and be patient...I know easier said than done.

Keep a diary of all your current symptoms and go back and do a history on whats happened since birth. Please also take a look at all the information on this site, it may help remind you of other things you have suffered from.

For most people it take many months/years to reach a diagnoses of Lupus. Your symptoms may or may not be connected to Lupus, but you are certainly seeing the right person 'Rheumatologist'.

Good luck and stay focused on trying to get some answers!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hello and welcome to the boards.

I am glad your treating with a doctor and hope you get some answers. Easier said then done but try not to stress to much about things you cant control as it will only make you feel worse.

Also, if this is Lupus you can not compare yourself to your uncle. Everyone's Lupus is different and although his ended in death, sadly, it does not mean that yours would. It also sounds like your Uncle never received any treatment for his illness and treatment slows the progression and is a life saver.

Please keep us posted and join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for all the well-wishes and info.

I have been going to doctors off and on for years (arthritis and lupus being mentioned all the while) and still it seems like I can't nail down what is going on.

I'm afraid that if my labs come back *normal*, I'll be brushed off yet again.

We'll see...I just want to feel better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.