The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping all are safe and sound. I am so glad I don't have to go out - it is very wild here and we are inland. Take good care all.

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I hope all our UK friends are okay. There is to be a lull in the storm this morning and later this afternoon it comes back with a vengeance according to weather reports.

Stay safe and indoors if at all possible

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There were some gale force winds here through the night but it's not too bad today...well at the moment anyway! :rolleyes:

good luck everyone & stay safe!..

clare you have the right idea staying in! :)

my poor hubby is working on the roofs today :eek:

:love2:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be in Scotland.

Karen - you have a very brave hubby :eek:

Hope everyone else is ok.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Clare you were right to stay indoors this morning - my feet are still wet following a soaking on my way to the station this morning! :(

I can't believe your husband Karen :eek:

Hope everyone is ok.

Becks xx

·
Registered
995 Posts
from canada

I hope all in the UK stay warm and dry
here in ontario we had 56 cm of snow. there is no were to put any more
it basically closed the city for the day

and I know some of the States got it as well. so I hope everyone wherever stays warm and cuddley and safe

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I am right down South on the Isle of Wight. We have had cancelled ferries etc. and a broken gate but otherwise not bad. Some of you will remember that my Daughter is off on a short break in a caravan, luckily on the Island and only 10 miles away. She and her friends are quite happy at the moment but I have said for them to ring us to rescue them if necessary. It is fine right now.
Nice of you Girls to think about us!
x Lola

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

I am sure glad to hear so far everyone is okay in the UK right now and really hope it stays that way also.I know here in the states in illinois we have had more snow then ever in like40 years i belive and we bear that record to.No i am not proud of it at all:lol: I am just saying winter has not been good to us at all.I just hope for all of us the weather get better real soon.Oh my carol i do know what you mean about having no where else to put the ugly snow.

Oh my karen how can he be working out in that kind of weather your hubby.I sure hope he stays safe for sure.

Tammy

·
11,409 Posts
I saw the news on the TV tonight about the storm.:eek:

I hope everyone is ok and safe.:grouphug2:

Take care.
Lyn

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It seems so far so good for our members at least
LoLa I did have you especially in mind. We have some other members in the high risk areas that we haven't heard from yet.

Goats that's getting on for 2' of snow ! Ugh

It dawned bright and blue here but is already clouding over and rather ominous. Phase 2 looms I guess but it shouldn't be so bad in the south and south west

Cheers to all and take care anyway

Clare

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I sure hope you all stay nice an warm and safe. My parents are vacationing in London as I type. My dad was hoping to play a lot of golf-maybe not hmmmm. They are there for 2 weeks, so hopefully it will clear up. My mom was going to shop and I suppose you can still do that;)

Keep me posted on how you all are doing. My family and were so jealous that they were not bringing us along-now I maybe not so jealous.;)

Take care and stay safe!!!!

Much Love,
Becca

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I am so pleased to hear everyone is safe :) I hope our other members are too.

Pam,Becks....I don't know about brave :rolleyes: think 'daft' is more appropriate for my husband :lol:
however he has promised me he wont go on any roofs if the wind is severe..he also has his employees to think of too!

apparently here in the northwest the storm hasn't come our way yet! :eek:

take care evryone :grhug: ..karen x

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to hear of all the bad weather everyone is having. But I guess that's good for me! Here in Germany I spent 200 Euro for a season skipass and not one snowflake has fallen! now the season is over and with exception of a little rain some wind, Spring is here. My tulips are starting to blume and the shrubs all have buds. We could get a little cold snap next week, but i think the winter is over. Now I just have to look foward to the Alpine summer and the tremendous Thunderstorms (with golfball sized hail!) Last year my car was totally damaged and all the street lamps as well as the roof windows in every house in town. The hail was as big as apples.

hope everyone is safe and sound, and that the weather soon turns for the better.

LG
Monique (Today blue skies, few clouds 11° C;) )

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
HEEEEEEEEY!

It's 6.05 pm and the wind has just begun up here in Lancashire! Don't know if this is IT or not. Will let you know ifany damage tomorrow.

:love:

Oh yes - here's the rain too!

Byeeeee

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ooooh 8pm in Scotland and the wind is fair getting up......and it's not my IBS playing up LOL! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We've battened down the hatches - jammies and electric blanket are on.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I think is has reached Holland too - the trees are swaying here so wildly I'm afraid all the birds nests in them will be shaken out:(

Tip I learned yesterday - don't try to cycle against a storm wind with an umbrella:wink2: :lol: :wink2:

X C X

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oh my Cath :rotfl: I'm thinking Mary Poppins here! :lol:

I hope all of you are safe and sound and warm :) :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:lol: Cath ! Sounds sensible. I hope you didn't come to any harm while learning that lesson.

How did our north westerners fare last night ?

The winds are still very strong here and it is pretty cold too but no more rain thank goodness.

Clare

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Clare and all
Thanks for asking. Had quite a storm late evening and through night. Didn't get much sleep as it was quite loud. We live in a dip with lots of very large trees all around us, there was some really horrible groaning and creaking noises coming from the trees, but fortunately everything was intact this morning and the wind seems to have calmed somewhat now.
We will see what tonight brings.

Take care all

Meryl

1 - 20 of 27 Posts