The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I have never done any message boards before and and a bit all over the place so excuse the spelling mistakes etc.

Thursday just gone i found a large bald patch at the back of my head from that moment i went into complete melt down, begining of the month started with a chest infection followed by tonsilitus, then being dumped after a 7 year relationship, then this it has been the worst month of my life.

from the break up of my reationship i am back in the family home with my mother and sister, my sister was the one that noticed the bald parts all accross the back of my head, eventually leading to her saying that my grandmother had lupus and that if your hispanic then it increases you chances. i had heard of lupus but never put anything together.

i have been in and out of the doctors for over a month with different things. after blood tests it has shown i have something wrong with my liver also been started having alot of nose bleeds which has now been sorted for the time being with corterisation. for a few years now but especially this year i have got a red rash accross both cheeks and up the side of my nose. I drink an large quantity of water as iam always thirsty and also get sever leg cramps which will leave me unable to walk for a few days, i have been getting blury vision and bad memory loss at times which at the moment is ok but a few weeks ago i was forgetting what i was saying half way through every sentence. i have had headaches and being very tired all the time no matter how much rest i got and didnt have a period for a few months then 3 weeks ago suddenly came on it just stopped a couple of days ago.

i apologise if it seems i have ranted or just rattled on but i am a scared 23yr old and i know you shouldnt worry about things till you know for sure but just found more balding and quite alot of hair has been coming out, allthough not as much a it was a couple of weeks ago and the other things have either stopped or are not so apparent.

i am so scared of loosing all of my hair, i have noone to turn to as there are other family issues going on and i do not want to burden anyone else.

i have been reading other posts on here and it seems like a very caring comunity of people

sorry if this was a rubbish introduction, x x

·
4,445 Posts
Hello and welcome... I am not surprised you are scared...:( You need to go see your GP with a daily diary of your symptoms.. and pain scale it from 0-10, 10 being unbearable.. and photos of any rashes, swellings etc etc. You need to have some tests done, I would also think you need to be checked for diabetes etc and other stuff. Get the ball rolling and go see your dr. From there you can start finding some answers.. don't panic, it is easier to deal with what we know, rather than dealing with the worst fears of our imaginations, You can post here and ask whatever questions you need to ask. Take care and take that first step to finding some answers.XX
Claire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for posting so quickly, I have been checked for diabetes and i am fine for that, thank you for the advise on photoes and diary that will make things alot clearer when trying to remember back. I am going on monday to the Drs and will hopfully be sent for some tests including scrapings from my scalp, my main thing is loosing my hair, only thing i can focus on, just feel like loosing everything at the moment, but i know that feeling will pass.

Thanks for you suport.

Luisa x

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Luisa, sorry I couldnt chat to you in chat, I am having problems with the chat room. Claire has given you excellent advice. I am not suprised you are worried, losing your hair is scary. I hope your appt on Monday goes well. Make sure you mention all your symptoms to him. Let us know how you get on.

Deb

·
11,410 Posts
Hi and welcome Luisa,

When you are writing down your symptoms put in there when they came and when they left.

Take your family history health along and let the doctors see it. At the last minute of my doc. appointment I told him my brother has SLE so he added a lupus panel. I guess you can say the rest was history my labs came back very high and there was no doubt that I had SLE.

Good luck at your appointment and let us know how it went.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Welcome to the board and so glad you found us.

You have been given great advice and there is not much I can add.

I am sorry your suffering right now but take the advice given here, write things down and take pictures and let us know how you make out moving ahead.

Good luck to you.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi there LuisaMaria,

It was nice chatting with you last night!

Good luck on Monday and remember that list etc.!

Take care and let us know how things go!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello LuisaMaria,
I don't know if you have been eating properly but my Hairdresser says a high protein diet helps recovery from hair loss. It certainly won't harm you to try it.

I am sorry you feel so poorly, but the girls here are very welcoming and it gives you somewhere to vent your feelings. Even if a family are really good there are always some things you need fellow sufferers for.
x Lola

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone i never knew ther were such kind people out there, i will post once i have seen the Dr and have been writing down as much as i can for the Dr as i always forget when i walk in the office. x

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Only trouble with that is the energizer bunny eventually runs out of batteries and stops completely ;)

love
Lily

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.