The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the results of my blood tests my gp did last week. she did ESR, bleeding time, RA factor, liver, kidneys, sugar, female hormones, magnesium, phosphorus, amaloid (?), i think thats it. the only things were out of the "norm" were my potassium, magnesium and phosphorus were low and my triglycerides were high and so was my liver GGT. My liver GGT and triglycerides have been high for years but are much higher now. My gp blamed the triglycerieds on the amount of sweets I eat, but, I don't eat alot of sweets.

I went for an upper barium GI follow through because I have had abdominal pain and diarrhea since June. Will get the results of the GI test in a week or so. Anyone here have Crohn's Disease? I was asked by the radiologist if there was any of that in the family and I don't think there is. What is Crohn's disease like for you?

Thanks for any input and yes, still frustrated and tired.

chickadee

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello again Chickadee :)

I'm wondering - did your GP ever do an ANA screening test? It doesn't sound like it but I'm wondering as in your first thread you referred to comprehensive testing for lupus, RA and so on...

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Crohns disease but you definitely need to find out what's going on if you have been having abdominal pain and diarrhea for so long.

I find your GP's comment about sweets and triglycerides rather odd/off. I know that diet can play a very big role there but it's still an odd statement. My brother had this problem recently with very high triglycerides but was thankfully able to turn it around completely with a strict diet and exercise regime. Once the diet and exercise was underway he found it easy to keep up (but he obviously doesn't have the same aches and pains as many here).

Katharine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Katherine, no ANA test. From what I gather from the posts I see here, I should have one??

From what I understand, Crohn's disease is an autoimmune disease too, affecting the gastro tract from mouth to the other end.

chickadee

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Certainly if doing investigations for lupus and many other auto-immune diseases, an ANA test is the basic screening test. It is not specific, nor is it enough for diagnosis but it is a pointer in the right direction. Apparently, from what I googled, around 50% of Crohn's patients will also have positive ANA.

Katharine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.