TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all having a nice relaxing weekend:)

Just a quick question. I have a Rheumy appointment coming up in a weeks time and I was just preparing myself for it.:rolleyes:

I have a copy of my last blood test results and just wanted to check the following were within normal range as it doesn't state for these what is the normal range:

creatine urinary 15.1 mmol/L
protein urinary 0.13 g/L

Also what does this mean

CRP

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Mrs M,

Hope the Rheumy app is a great sucess. Remember to write a list of questions and or symptoms (what, where and when) and take them with you when you go.

I have tried to look up the ranges of the bloods you mentioned but I havent been able to find anything really clear. Hopefully someone else might be successful but as far as I can tell the creatine and the protein bloods increase with age and weight which might be why I cant seem to find a set rate.

Your CRP is a mesurement of your C-reactive protein. This is an indicator of inflammation in the tissues of your body. If it raised something is inflammed. The figures show that yours is less than 5 and the nromal range is 0-9 so that is fine.
CRP is a really clear indicator in some auto -immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritus but have heard it isnt so useful in Lupus.

Your Rheumy will be able to tell you all about them. I have found if you ask questions to Rheumies they generally more than happy to go through them because you are taking an interest in something that they are interested in.

Hope all goes well
K

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi K and thankyou

Feeling a little nervous about tomorrows appointment as they never seem to go well for me.

Have got my notes and photos up to date so I'm fully armed and ready for the Rheumy. I so hope that I will get answers but as I say I'm not optomistic:(

Hubby can't make it with me tomorrow due to work so my Mum's voluntered her services. Hooray for Mum's:)
Going by myself is not an option as I would completely forget everything that's said.

Mrs M x

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Mrs M,

Those test results are all normal.

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. I'll think of you:blush:

X C X

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update!

Appointment I think went ok. Still no firm diagnosis although Rheumy did say that as well as my long standing sinus problems and the IBS it does seem likely that I too have Fibromyalgia.

On another note she also said that I have other things going on that they can't diagnose yet but they are building a case up of everything. She also mentioned that it seems it could build up to been an inflammation disease?

It seems that time will tell and hopefully things will become clearer. I was sent for more blood tests; ANA, ANCA and CK ( I think if I remember rightly.:))

I have to go back to Rheumy in 7 weeks and she is also referring me to the gastroenterologist and dermatologist.
Rheumy did say that the Dermatologist will probably do a biopsy of the lesions on my fingers. I sure hope so as I've read in other threads that a diagnosis came from that so who knows.

Oh yes before I forget... You may remember a thread I posted about GP saying it was all in my head. Guess what?..... Rheumy clearly doesn't agree. :yahoo:
She said that if they thought nothing was wrong with me they wouldn't be monitoring me and bothering with appointments. Also she couldn't comment on my GP which I didn't expect her to but she did say that I should change my GP. That speaks volumes!

I think overall the appointment went well and there is hope that I will get a diagnosis and treatment so that I can start living again.:wink2:

Mrs M x

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Good result Mrs M - just what you need - someone who will carefully look and think to work out what is wrong:wink2:

Hang in there:blush:

X C X

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Great appointment Mrs. M :)

Continue to keep a record of your symptoms between now and your next appointment. Best of luck with the blood tests!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys;)

Thanks for your support and lets hope for more answers in 7 weeks.

Will let you know.:)

Mrs M x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts