TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Some of you guys know all the trouble i've already been through so i won't go through it all again, for others who do not know, please see other posts.
well i had my biopsy 2 weeks ago which went ok, couldn't talk properly for about week but otherwise ok. To be honest i think my family were quite relieved and i was the but of many a joke in my house :lol:.
Am wating for results of biopsy to come back but i do know that they don't think its cancer which is good.
I followed advice from here and phoned rheumy dep at hospital, explained that now the pain is so bad i have been put on liquid morphine aswell as tramadol now, and that i am feeling extremely ill. Am also on Arcoxia, plaquenil, paracetamol and others stuff. Am already actually taking 23 tablets a day :eek: so god knows what else they are going to do with me :lol:
I had a letter back last week asking my gp to write back with a list of my current symtoms so that i could be given an urgent follow up appointment.
It also said that from my initial exam and tests it looked as if i may have a rheumatalogical problem. :blink: Well you don't say!!! :lol:

My g.p was very annoyed and fax then what he described as a very turse lettet saying that i need to be seen immediately for a diagnosis and to establish a treatment plan.
Then on Friday i had a call from the rheumies secretary asking me if i could come in on Monday Morning for an appointment.
So i am now finally going in on Monday at 10.30 and we'll see what happens.

Am gona make some time on Sunday to update my list of symptoms and just hand it over this time instead of trying to muddle through it and miss things out.

So it does pay to be pusy and not let them forget that we are people who are suffering not numbers and bits of paper.

Also hurrah for my persistant gp, he is one in a million

Sorry have been absent for a while just ahd mum in law here for a week and the week befre that i was upto my eyeballs trying to get the house in order!!

Take Care All

Cassie :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Wow Cassie, what an adventure!!

All I can say is the very best of luck for Monday and just keep pushing!!!
I did actually give a list of symptoms to my rheumy at the beginning too. There were so many I would have sounded mad going through them. She wasn't at all shocked and has it in her file to this day.

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Cassie,

I'm so relieved that you finally have an appointment!

Remember to take that list, remove all nail polish and make-up if you normally wear any and dont top up any fake tans the night before!:eek:

I wish you good luck at the appointment, let us know how it goes!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys made a boo boo so had to edit!!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Cassie,

Good luck and well done on getting that appt! Kudos to your GP too, we need someone like that in our corner.

I too will stress the importance of not wearing makeup or nailpolish so they get a look at your skin and nails. They can give away subtle clues for the doc. By all means hand your list over to the doc. He should go through it with you and ask some questions and do another physical exam, possibly run some more tests. Do stress your level of pain and fatigue etc. and whatever else is bothering you. Docs like examples so you need to tell them what it limits you doing and how it is affecting your everyday life. Not just saying that you are in pain. Pain means many things in many ways to different people.

Good luck and do let us know how you get along.

love
Lily

·
11,405 Posts
Good job Cassie!

I am glad you are getting some relief from your pain.

Good luck on your appointment, on Monday. Please let us know how it all went.

Aren't families fun? :lol::wink2: What would we do without them?

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Cassie, wow!!! good for you. You pulled yourself up by the
bootstraps, and you got things done. We are all so proud and
happy for you. I hope absoutly everything goes well for you
at the Rheumy's, and be sure to post when you can and let
us know how you did,please!!!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Glad to hear your pain is under control and you have a appointment Monday.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck Cassie.:wink2:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,
had appointment to day and diagnosis so have put a new thread in newly diagnosed.
It was good that i got the appontment but unfortunately i have not had improvement in my pain or symptoms yet. Sorry if i led you to believe that.
I am now hoping that things will start to improve.

Many Thanks

Cassie :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts