The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last thread was about the ear infection I have had for months. My nurse practitioner prescribed prednisone for me...something they would never give me for my other symptoms that I've had for 9 years because I'm diabetic. Well...not only are my ears better, but I feel better than I've felt in years! :eek: Yesterday I cleaned my kitchen, did several loads of laundry, went to the grocery store, visited my mom, and even watched a movie with my kids!!! :) WOW! That may be a "normal" day for most people, but it hasn't been like that for me for a loooong time! My elbow is completely pain free (it was hurting pretty bad when I went to the doc), and my knees and ankles are just a little achey...which is a HUGE improvement to the way they felt a week ago!

This morning when I woke up, I didn't have the morning stiffness that I always do...it's just amazing! I feel more "normal" than I have felt in 9 years! I wouldn't say I feel like running a marathon, but I definitely feel 200% better than I did! Whatever is wrong with me is obviously something that steroids help. Hopefully this will give my doc a clue as to what steps to take next. I realize that with a negative ana, chances are it's not lupus...maybe it's RA? I think it's a little more common to test negative for that and still have it? Whatever it is, I'm just so glad that I've found something that makes me feel better! :) I feel 38 instead of 78! LOL

My hubby is at work right now and has no clue that I'm feeling so much better (he works away from home for 2 weeks at a time). I can't wait for him to come home and see that the house is all clean and I'm feeling better! I know that sounds like such a small thing to most people, but to me (and I'm sure all of you too), it's HUGE! LOL People that have never gone through a chronic illness just don't understand. There are so many things that people take for granted. I'm just so thankful that I'm feeling like this. I hope it lasts for a while! And, I hope that my doc will be willing to prescribe prednisone again in the future. The timing for this is perfect because we have company coming in a couple of days and then we are taking a trip in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this will last throughout the trip.

I'm just so shocked as to how much better I feel! Now I just need to get in to a rheumi that can figure out what the exact problem is so they can manage it the way it needs to be and hopefully I can feel like this much more often! :) Just wanted to update you all and post something good for a change since my other two posts were really whiney LOL :blush:

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Shayla long may it last if you think the prednisone is working then do ask your rhumy for it if it making life so much easier for you then all i can say is.I hope it let's you feel normal again Good Luck Elisabeth

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Shayla,
That is wonderful news, and steriods often have this affect but can fizzal out just an FYI for you. Try not to make up for the past nine years in the next couple of weeks or you will shorten your feel good time. Fatigue don't care about steriods remember that one. It is nice to feel normal again and do normal things in a normal time, and well I could go on and on about normal but you know that is not your normal. This is a visit from the feel good fairy and he don't stay as long as you would like.

Do take some time to slow down and look at the flower and smell the coffee in the morning as you just never know how long it will last, but my finger are crossed for you that this is a life long change for the better.

·
11,408 Posts
Hi Shayla,

It is good that pred is working for you.

Please try to pace yourself and take it easy. Your body will tell you that you have over done it.

Good luck with your quest to find out what is going on.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I know you are all right, that I need to pace myself, but that's so hard to do when I finally feel good! LOL But I know I need to so I'm taking it easy today.
I'm just so thankful that I now know of something that can help! :)
Onetay, I love the way you put it, when I read "feel good fairy", I cracked up. I hope my feel good fairy stays for at least a few weeks ;) I'm hoping that the fact that the steroids have helped, might give the docs a clue as to how to proceed. (fingers crossed) Thanks again for all of the support!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts