TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Well ......... been in work this morning (case conference). Felt nervous, but the 2-hours went well. I took notes for them to keep, they asked questions, I explained everything. They sending me a copy of this mornings report. Ive given permission for them to now refer me to works doc, they were doing anyway ! Permission also for works medical referral to write to my gp and rheumy at hospital. I have nothing to hide its all truth !
The works medical doc ring me, a phone consultation ! then if they choose to write to doc and hosp I wont need go for "face to face" otherwise I will.
After outcome and their report depending on the results, my manager said then it could be reasonable adjustments etc and anything to help me. I asked for phased return to work (my union suggested one on full pay). Manager said good idea ! I also thought and said after the phase back up to 5 days (as I do fulltime) then and ONLY MAYBE THEN ... if I feel the need arises, if I cant do full time will apply for reduced hours/days. I could then rest the days I dont work. I said, after the phase I will try another 2-weeks on the run then fulltime (atleast Ive tried to get the full picture). He said at present they couldnt accomodate so would have to relocate me. If medical work report said "this lady fit for to work 5 days" I asked him WHAT THEN ? I told him never mind what they say, theres only ME who knows how I feel, pain and exhaustion, they can recommend, but its up to me at end of day. How I can adapt my life now with this horrible disease thing !! Felt I am reasonable, dont you ??

If it came to it and I could be accommodated 3 days or whatever, and they could get someone else for the two days I dont work, Manager said its still up to him. If works medical docs report said I am fit enough to work 5-days, I would have to look for another job.
Find all this daunting. Felt it went well this morning though.

I had an intramuscular steroid injection thursday last. Didnt have time to ask hosp name of it or when works or how long lasts. At present, I FEEL SHOCKING. No idea what the hells going on. Im so tender, and feel ILL, dont know, pain in chest with muscles when breathing in. Cant put body against the sofa either. So weary, theyve reduced the Plaquenil to one tab now daily, see rheumy in 6 weeks on 25th June. (have posted all this previously - you will see LOL).

Go docs tomorrow for months sick note (then would of had 11 weeks off) - work call that LONG TERM. What a joke. I dont get any of this rubbish, what about this 6-months before incapacity benefit. I wont be off 6 months, and considering the pain and suffering Im going through really feel I havent done anything ILLEGAL having 11 weeks - COMMENTS WOULD BE HELPFUL HERE ????

Work said, anyhow, depending on the medical works doc report, he wouldnt really want me back til the reasonable adjustments been done, and also a workplace assessment, so could be more than another 4 weeks off with sicknote. I told them, it was me who is asking for a month, feel at present at moment, not well enough to go back in the office. Atleast Im truthful.

Sorry to bore you all with it. I am thinking of you all, because some of us may be ontop of this now, or having good days, and some of us in AGONY every minute, I know ............ this Lupus/Arthritis, a bad dream.

Everyone, take care.

Love and hugs Diane XX

PS. looking forwards to loads of replies - LOL

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Diane:

I'm not really sure if I should say YAY or BOO....my mind is quite foggy today.

I just wanted to answer, so you get lots of replies - LOL.

Really I just wanted to tell you not to let the stress of the situation push you over the edge...you will get through this.

Stephanie

·
4,430 Posts
HI Diane... about the plaq, why when you feel so rubbish would they have reduced you to one a day? I can't understand the logic in that... I had the steroid injection in my backside for my general pain relief and found them seriously lacking in any help at all....I feel for you, can't help with the employment stuff but was concerned when you said they were so helpful and were going to call a meeting... anyhow take care xx
Claire

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Diane,
It sounds like you are on the right track for a return to work as much as you can. I would like to say that all of this can be very stressful so try to relax whenever you can to keep your health good.

Let us know how it goes with the work doctor, and the return to work. I hope that you get a good report back and don't have to see the work doctor as they are paid by the employer to get you back to work as soon as possible. Feel well during this time of stress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts