The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Not had time to hang around here much but have checked in daily to see how you are doing. I went to see my rheumatologist yesterday for my 3 month check up at the connective tissue clinic. He wanted to review how I was doing with the Cellcept. I turned up a day late! :eek: Don't even ask how I did it as I am normally so careful. I live 10 minutes from the hospital and there was no excuse. They have now fitted me in on July 14th which I consider myself very lucky as they are such a busy unit.

On a positive note I had written down that my hair loss has stopped, mouth problems are better, no fatigue, dry eyes are better, no connective tissue pain and that I had more energy. I'll just need to keep it till my next appointment. :hehe:

As for the rib pain well it's still there. :sad: I am signed off work for another month. I have tried to drive and do things about the house but it's just not to be. It has only improved slightly and we are still no further forward as to the cause. I had a bone scan last Thursday which I had hoped to get the results of yesterday but I was told the doc would call me if there was anything untoward.

Again looking to the positives, this is strangely the best thing that could've happened to me. I have been off work since April and I am a much happier person. I've lost 22lbs, been out walking with the dog, catching up with friends, reading and just catching up with life. My GP had been telling me for the last year that I was doing far too much and you don't realise until you are taken out of the situation. Life can just pass us by and you don't notice the things around you. Hubby is happy as he comes home to a healthy meal every night and I make him go for a walk to get him back into shape.

On the job front it is likely I will be made redundant in August and I have completely accepted it. Initially I panicked as it seemed like the end of my world as I loved my job. Again it could turn out for the best as my company are going to give me 3 months paid leave then a final redundancy payment so I won't need to look for another job until near the end of the year at least. It is possible that another company are looking to recruit the staff so I could have another job waiting. If not then I know I will find something else.

It's funny how circumstances make us reevaluate our lives. I've been able to spend invaluable time with older members of my family which I know I will never get back. I am also alot happier in my own skin when I previously had a huge self image problem.

Thanks for listening :flower2:

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Pam

Im totally jealous ;) but delighted for you!

It sounds like you are having much earned rest and recouperation. I am at the point where I would sincerely like to be able to give up work and concentrate on other interests I have but I cant afford to right now.

Its wonderful to hear how good you feel and how much you have achieved in the past couple of months. 22lb weight loss! Excellent! Im so happy you have some time ahead of you to continue re-evaluating. I hope you continue to enjoy every single moment.

Now if only you could get that darn rib pain better :hugbetter: :hugbetter: There is nothing worse than having pain like that with no apparent cause.

It was great to read your post :)

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Bravo, Pam! It is a joy to read such a balanced and mature approach to life with an auto-immune disease.
Thank you for the good example.
Douglas+

·
Administrator
10,181 Posts
Hi Pam,

Glad to hear the Cell Cept is helping some of your symptoms. Congratulations on your weight loss. Twenty-two pounds is truly amazing. You have every right to fell extremely proud of yourself. Good luck with your appointment.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
931 Posts
Woooohoooo Pam!!!!!! :thumbs: Twenty-two pounds?!!?!?!?! Incredible!!!! :bigsmile:

Hope the docs get to the bottom of your rib pain very soon... It sounds very, very painful.... :(

Best of luck with your appointment on the 4th!! :)

:flowery:

Zoi

·
11,409 Posts
Way to go Pam!:woohoo:

I love your positive attitude.
Wow, 22 pounds you have lost. :cheer2:

I hope you can get rid of that rib pain. :hug: That is very miserable to have.

Take care and enjoy life.:)
:rose:
Lyn

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Pam, So very well done!!!!!!!
I found a good Private Physio at the local Private Hospital was the answer for various pains after the NHS Physios had sent me away as "too complicated".
It is a pity to have to pay, but in my case at the time it was worth it.
x Lola

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Pam,

good for you. I am really glad things are looking up for you!
Sorry about your boo boo at the hospital! :lol: It happens to the best of us!!
Well done for losing 22lbs thats amazing, i wish i could drop a few!!!
It sounds like the adjustments you have made have made you much happier which really is great.
Well Done You!!!

Best Wishes

Cassie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
ooooh well done Pam! I am envious of that weight loss!!

And what a lovely happy, "peaceful" post to read :)

It sounds like this has given you an opportunity to step back a bit and see what's really important. I have had that opportunity too and it is truly invaluable.

here's to plenty of rest and a solution to that rib pain!

Katharine

·
Registered
457 Posts
well done you!! :thumbs:good to read such a positive update!!

love Rachel

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Pam,

I so glad things are looking better for you!:)

No wonder your hubbies happy with dinners like you mentioned on the other thread - what's cooking tomorrow and what time - I'll be up for dinner!!!!:wink2:

Lesley

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
:dancing:Way to go!!!!! It does sound like Cellcept is the answer and I am so happy for you.

Enjoy your time off and do you have to work full time? Maybe part time might be the answer, that way you can still enjoy life and have some $$$ coming in at the same time.

Keep up the fabulous work.

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone! :grouphug2:

These last few weeks have been quite a humbling experience and it's like I've had my eyes open to what's around me. The things that I thought were important really aren't. I was never one to depend on friends but would always do my best to be there for them. Some would say a diversion from my own problems. Now I know who my friends really are and they have been amazing!

This probably sounds like I've been over medicating. :hehe:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts