TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you are all doing fine.
I read the new post almost everyday but never know what to write myself. I suppose I don't want to bore you all to death.

I've been feeling pretty crummy the last couple of months.
Increased muscle pain & stiffness, not being able to sleep & the everyday symptoms that I can't seem to shake off.

I had an appointment at the beginning of July at a rectal clininc for rectal bleeding. They want to do banding for hemorrhoids which could maybe responsible for the anaemia. The surgeon was going to speak to a Hematologist friend about my APS because of taking warfarin.He is worried about the chance of a massive bleed & the risks of stopping warfarin, He was thinking of having me in as an in-patient.

I saw my local rheumy on Wednesday, she is going to write to him.
She also disagrees with St Thomas' hospital about the decision to put my INR target range upto 3-4, there is no evidence of any clots & it's putting me at risk of bleeding so she has gone against their decision & put it back down to 2-3 which I'm very happy about.
She is arranging for me to have physiotherapy for my joint & muscle problems & she is also arranging for me to have relaxation therapy.
I don't know what my blood results are like from my bloodtests but she is going to send a copy out with my report.
I'm very happy about this appointment because she listens & tries to help instead of putting it all down to APS.She thinks it is borderline lupus at the very least.
She also told me to go to the lupus drop in clinic at the hospital on the 27th.
I'll post soon
love Angied

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Angie,

Nice to meet you. I am new to Lupus and working on becoming knowledgeable about his disease.

I think you have half the battle won with finding a doctor you like and one that works with you and not against you.

Maybe you should stop blood thinners before having the surgery. It would make sense to me.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Please keep us posted on your upcoming appointment.:wink2:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Angie,
Hello, I can understand your concerns re. bleeds. I hope your Surgeon can find some way of helping you safely. Sorry you feel so crummy. Not sleeping is the pits!
x Lola

1 - 3 of 3 Posts