The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just to update you all. Finally managed to get the guts up to take an emergency appointment this morning after a couple of really bad weeks. Headaches are constant and my memory and brain have completely flown out of the window.

Gp sits there and looks at my notes and says hmmmm I can see they had some difficulty diagnosing you. No?? Really?? You try being this side of the fence mate!

He then has a listen to my lungs, prods my stomach and issues me with a script for ibuprofen. 200mg x 3 daily. Almost fell over in shock. I take three times that amount along with co-codamol each day. He also said I had to take two weeks off to rest so signed me off. Bad timing or what as both my deputy and administrator are off for a little while on leave.

He's issued me with some more blood tests - thyroid, anaemia, kidney and liver function, ferrous count, and a fasting glucose. He then says that we should keep an open mind over diagnosis at the moment. Grrrr!

So I see him in another couple of weeks. Asked for something to help with the extreme fatigue and pain and I haven't got anything. If it gets much worse I shall give the rheummie nurse a ring at the hospital.

Hugs to you all and take care guys

xx

·
4,445 Posts
hiya.. I would be onto the Rheumy and the nurse immediately. Prescribing you that level of ibuprofen is about as near to a medical shrug as you can get..:( how ridiculous! I know you are tired, but do give the Rheumy's a call, that is what you pay your NI for! I wish you the best. XX

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Maz I agree with Claire. Dont be fobbed off. The GP's response wasnt helpful at all. :mad:
Ive found that Ive needed to be quite direct and forceful sometimes to get my point across. I know youre feeling rotten and cant be bothered fighting but if you do Im sure youll get the meds and attention you need. Dont put up with it, youre not well and need their help - thats their job!:) Sorry for ranting I just get really fed up when this happens to people. ;)
Let us know how you get on, take care

K

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Maz. Gps are great. Then when you have SLE sometimes not so great. You need your rheumy, put the call in and let us know how you get on.

I hope you manage the two weeks rest.

Deb

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Maz,

I hope you put in a call to your rhumey. There are more meds that would be better for you than that much ibuprofen.:eek:

Let us know how you are doing.

:grouphug2:
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Maz, just wondering if you have managed to get in touch with the rheumy nurse? I hope you have!!!!!

Deb x

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Deb

Ashamed to say that I haven't put a call into the nurse yet. Went for my blood tests today and thought I would see how they come back before going a step further.

Due to go and see the GP again next Thursday.

Can anyone else tell the change in the weather with their pains, I really could tell instantly and it quite surprised me. Naturally Raynauds had kicked off again a few weeks ago but the instant change in how my pains felt was quite shocking.

Take care folks

xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.