The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a quick update i don't have diabetes which is a relief. Phoned doc surgery and requested a copy of bloods so i can take to neurology on 3rd november with me. At least we have ruled that one out for the cause of my prob with my optical nerves.

:)

Natasha

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thats good news NATTY
so so pleased for u
yes good idea get copy of results not long now for u lv countrylass:)

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
It is wonderful that your test came back negative. Good luck with your neuro appointment on the 3rd. Let us know how it turns out.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi natty :)

I'm glad to hear that it is not diabetes. I hope the appointment on the 3rd goes well and you get some answers.

:hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your support.

Fetching a copy of the results tomorrow to take with me, i thought it better than the doc sending to the hospital due to the pending postal strike.

Hopefully now that diabetes and thyroid probs ruled out with my eyes we can find the real cause. And i need a new pair of glasses!!!

Doing ok at the moment the best i have felt since april/may when it all started up, but resting plays a big part in that.

I am starting to get nervous now, i don't know whether its the thought of any more tests or because i don't know what to expect when i get there. I know it could still take time to get a diagnosis and it scares me some of the symptoms i've had.

Will this consultant be the one who has the answers.........

I live in hope!!!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi Natty,
I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for my Neuro appt as well i go 17 Nov.
Don't know what to expect and hoping like you that they at least can tell us more, i am glad that you are feeling better.

It's the waiting game i hate, the days are really dragging.

Hugs, hope everything goes well.

Sand.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

Fetched the printout of bloods from my docs.

It says Diferential white cell count abnormal? My doc didn't tell me this!!

Eosinophil count is 0.6 says its abnormal????

My gp has not wanted to follow this up don't know why, unless he leaving it to the neuro.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Natasha

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Natasha :)

An eosonophil count of 0.6 is nothing to be concerned about which is probably why she didn't mention it. The highest normal value is 0.5 but we often fall just out of the normal ranges without it meaning anything.

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the Neuro :luck:

love
Lily

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, pleased that diabetes has been ruled out. I hope the neuro appt goes well. I can understand your nervousness.

Deb x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.