The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :bigsmile:

I'm a bit unsure as to whether I have a UTI or cystisis? just wondered if anyone had any advice please?

I have been up all night constantly on the loo,it doesn't hurt when I wee but it does hurt when I have finished!..then a few minutes later I feel the need to go again.

there is blood in my urine most times too..not much though.
I did feel feverish but not so much now that I've been taking painkillers.I do have a throbbing headache though.

I have googled my symptoms but seems to be either a UTI or cystitis,so I'm not sure if if it will just clear up on it's own?I did have reoccurring UTI's through my second pregnancy but I was much worse than I am now.

Am I fine to wait until monday to seemy GP? or should I be concerned due to being on the aza/immuran?

I would be very grateful for any advice please?..oh & to top things off my right hip is playing up so I'm hobbling around dragging my right leg :rolleyes:

thanks so much..love karen x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Karen, phone your GP weekend emergency service for their advice! In the meantime drink lots of fluids!

Its always best to get proffessional advice, they may not want to see you and just offer reassurance over the phone!

Take care

Lesley

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your reply lesley :flowery:

I was advised to go to our local walk in centre and luckily I managed to see a doctor.
turns out I have got a water infection,so I was given antibiotics and I have to send a urine sample off on monday due to there being blood & protein in my water.

Don't think it's anything to worry about though,fingers crossed!

thanks again for your advice lesley :hug:
take care..love karen x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Karen I'm so glad you went and have got some treatment

Lets hope there is nothing to worry about with the urine - I too have some protein in urine recently and a ew test this week and awaiting results.

Love Lesley

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lesley!yes I'm glad I went as I usually put these things off :rolleyes: ...good luck with your results :luck: please let us know how you get on!

my hubby & I have just laughed reading these side effects from the antibiotics,apparently they can make you confused :eek: surely I can't become any more confused than normal :lol:

love karen x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts