TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been very hard to get special UV protective umbrellas so I was thrilled to see these
They donate £4 to LupusUK for each umbrella sold. I was also pleased to see that the compact has a push button close function as well as the usual open one. That is very handy indeed as you struggle onto a bus with your bags in one hand or hop into a car.
I have used an ordinary black umbrella sometimes and found it very useful because you can angle it.

http://www.umbrellaheaven.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21

Clare

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hey! they even make cow pattern ones :bigsmile: :woohoo: though sadly they are not UV protective :( :(

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I have the silverback light weight umbrella. I love it, use it, am stared at constantly but I don't care. I carry it anytime I'm going to be out in the sun. It cost around $30 when I bought it. Good money well spent. This umbrella actually lowers the heat factor when you carry it. Like any good shade does.

Sunny

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
goodness, they look fabulous ! Really useful.

Unfortunately, I would STILL leave it on the bus .......

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, well .... :hehe: I have to have at least two of everything because if I dont really lose them I can't find them. I have often thought they should have a sort of clip on them like I have for my key chain.

I'll see if they have a loop on them. What I thought was a loop turns out to be a "distinctive question mark handle", of not very obvious use that I can see.
I notice that the compact is 'coming soon'

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi Clare,

Thank you as always for useful info!

Sunny - Where I live we have alot of Gurka families (near army town) and all the women walk round with umbrellas, rain or shine so it's actually catching on in my area!

Amanda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts