The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new to the site. I was supposed to be vaccinated for pneumoniae this year, but I wasnt sure it was a good idea. I found out 4 years ago that my Hep B vaccine never took and that my immunities were low. I went for the booster shot as instructed, but it caused a severe flare and the booster never took either so I'm a little worried that the pneumonia vaccine won't either. I don't normally go for flu shots either just because of how quickly flu viruses can mutate, so i never really saw the point. This winter was the first time in years i didn't end up with pneumonia but was finally being treated properly for lupus for the first time in my life. Unfortunately i ended up with a sinus infection at the begining of June and due to the incompetence of my pharmacist my sinus infection turned into a chest infection and then into full blown bronchial pneumoniae within 10 days. So I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting the vaccine. Have any of you had bad reactions to different immunizations or vaccines and if so were their alternatives that were easier on the system?
Cheers

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi

My problems were caused by vaccines. Most vaccines contain the dead pathogen along with an aluminium adjuvant that gives the immune system a kick to make it work. It was this aluminium adjuvant that caused most of my problems. Now, after months of chinese medicine and kinesology I don't need any anti malarial pills to control the immune system and lead a virtually normal life. I was previously on both mepacrine and plaquenil. There is an Israel doctor called Dr. Schoenfeld. He has done an enormous amount of work on autoimmunity and vaccines. Also, it might be worth looking at the research done by Professor Christopher Exley, of Keele University on aluminium. Since I made my life aluminium free I have been significantly better.

I have now banned myself from vaccines
I have been so quiet on here recently, mostly because the problems have virtually gone, so I dont tend to come online as much.

Kind regards
Mark

·
4,437 Posts
Hi... I was the same as you, then I lost a friend to pneumonia, at 52yrs old due to medical incompetence/misdiagnosis. She was healthy 5 days earlier...she was not a lupus sufferer, completely healthy individual.

The Pneumonia Vaccine is a one off....so it is considered only to be needed once. I had mine following her death and had no problems, but my immune system was greatly settled by then with meds etc...as Lupus has damaged my lungs I felt it prudent to do this in my case. It is a very individual decision but I also think it is a decision best taken when your body is as calm as it can be.

Pneumonia Vaccine is not a live vaccine...Robin is right in saying none of us should have one of those.

Take care...……...Claire

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
The vaccine itself caused no problems for me except at the injection site. It goes directly into the muscle and that arm was extremely sore for days.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts