The Lupus Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
4,445 Posts
I will take a third dose up when I get offered it, it is better to have higher protection as most of those in hospital here with more serious illness appear to be those with lowered immunity either due to suppression or compromised immune systems. Makes total sense to me.

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Had my third dose last week. I had fewer side effects than either time prior. Not expecting much because of my meds but hoping it is better than the no trace I had before.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The CDC is now classing the third Covid 19 shot in those unlikely to mount a response as part of the first series. The fourth shot would be the booster and it would be given 6 months after the third shot if your doctor feels it is necessary. It would be a half dose.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI, I am on MMF [mycophenolate] and tacrolimus daily. Does anyone similar situation take covid vaccination. and if yes, did you stop these medicines before or after the vaccine dose. Thank you

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi Sara,

You should check with your doctor's office because we each have unique situations. I am also on MMF and I didn't hold it the first time as there was no guidance at that point. The second shot I did. When it came time for the third my rheumy said not to hold it because I had too much disease activity. Most likely you won't need an appointment to find out, a call should suffice.

One thing to note since you are taking MMF, you may not get the same coverage from the vaccine as people not on it. The recommendation is to continue with precautions. When I brought up the issue my doctor had antibody tests done so we would have an idea where I stood.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
4,445 Posts
Hi , I am also on MMF and I didn't stop any of the three times officially as I wasn't advised to, however I did reduce a little before the first one for a few days ...my own decision...didn't for the others. I will be seeing my Rheumy in a month so I will also seek guidance from him.... keep well everybody X
A friend is on tacrolimus and wasn't told to stop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Sara,

You should check with your doctor's office because we each have unique situations. I am also on MMF and I didn't hold it the first time as there was no guidance at that point. The second shot I did. When it came time for the third my rheumy said not to hold it because I had too much disease activity. Most likely you won't need an appointment to find out, a call should suffice.

One thing to note since you are taking MMF, you may not get the same coverage from the vaccine as people not on it. The recommendation is to continue with precautions. When I brought up the issue my doctor had antibody tests done so we would have an idea where I stood.

Take care,
Lazylegs
Thank you very much for promptly replying to my message.
I took the second dose today.
My doctor told I need to take additional dose , then its considered as fully vaccinated.
Do you know if anyone with lupus have taken additional dose and then again a booster after 5 months. So it becomes total 4 shots then. Thats why i was wondering If i can check with any of the groups here.

Thank you very much again Lazylegs. Have a nice weekend.

·
4,445 Posts
Hi....I have had four doses, the last one with only 4 months in between.. they are now doing it after only 3 months and seems ok too............No problems apart from feeling exhausted and having to go to bed for a few hours the next day and having a lovely swollen armpit after the last two doses I have had. .. hope that helps.............Claire

21 - 28 of 28 Posts