TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a vaginal discharge a symptom of Lupus? I have noticed for months now an extreme increase in a clear gel like discharge. I have since been diagnosed with Lupus (fyi: i wasn't diagnosed with Lupus b/c of the discharge - meaning I went to the doc for a skin rash and arthritis). Over the last 2 months - only twice (so once a month) I have noticed this gel has a bright yellow tint in parts of it, as well as still some clear gel.
Anyone know something about this?
Thank you so much! By the way: I love this site. It really helps to have people that are experiencing the same thing to help you understand your own problems. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Nola,

Is the discharge something totally new? I know that when a woman is ovulating, she has a thicker mucousy discharge. The purpose of that is so when he and she get together, the sperm is able to last longer and make that all important swim. Any other thought might be a yeast infection. Sounds like one of those doc questions to be sure. Good luck.

Nancy

·
Registered
432 Posts
heya, I work in this area so can give you some advice- Any new discharge/changes with your normal discharge warrant a check up at the dr/gu clinic. It is probably nothing at all, but it can be caused by changing hormones-as Nancy says, or it could be an infection such as candida (thrush) or bacterial vaginitis. Always best to get checked out. They will just take a quick swab(doesnt hurt) and send it to the lab where they do a microscopy and see if they can grow anything.

I can't think of anything SLE wise that could cause an increase in d/c apart from maybe the meds you are on are upsetting your ph balance down there and causing overgrowth of bacteria/yeast.

Good luck and don't be worried about seeing a dr-best to put your mind at ease!

xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts