The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondering if a vasculitis rash on your legs can be itchy and sore? What does a vasculitis rash on your legs feel like? My legs, from my knees down have been driving me crazy for months itchy! Now I have funny sores and rashes on my legs that are very painful and itchy. I haven't seen a rash like this before and wonder if it's vasculitis.

On another note, I'm still suffering with the Influenza. My whole family had it a good two weeks before I did! I was so happy that I seemed to avoid it for so long, and was in awe that I hadn't got it. Well, my celebration ended abruptly last weekend when I wound up in bed with an awful cough, sore throat, large glands, fever, sinus infection, headache and body aches. Ugh, it's been truly awful.

Thanks for your input regarding vasculitis!

Karin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Karen,

A vasculitis rash could be all of those things, but many other things can cause such symptoms as well. If this is something new you need to let the rheumatologist and/or dermatologist have a look at. If you can't get in right away then have your GP look at it (maybe prescribe something, eg. cortison creme). You should take some pictures, to show the docs and to document how it progresses or changes with treatment etc.

Are you sure it is not related to cold or heating? I know my mother get extreme itchy dry peeling skin on her legs (shins) and arms in the wintertime. She often has to use prescription cremes to get rid of it.

Have you tried anything for it (cremes, or anti-inflamitories like paracetamol or asprin?

Hope you get over your nasty virus soon!

Grüß,
Monique

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Karin, I had a really awful rash on legs and feet, right up to knee level,this was before I knew I had Lupus. The Docs didn't know what it was but I eventually saw on a reputable web site a picture of a lupus rash on legs and feet, and that was it.
x Lola

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Hi there

sorry to hear you have the flu - hope you get better soon.

I get vasculitic rashes and mine have never itched. But, the best thing to do is to show the rash to a doctor if it is worrying you.

feel better soon

raglet

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting,

Thanks for your replies, I'll try to get a pic of it. Still too sick to go into town to see a doc.

This rash sure drives me crazy though. I have some cortisone cream here and I might just try a dab and see if it helps.

Thanks again!

Karin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts