The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had tests on my inner ear Friday to check for damage. I have damage in my right inner ear, but not in my left. The ENT thinks it is related to whatever caused the right-sided eye drooping, but isn't sure of the cause. He doesn't think it is ototoxicity from plaquenil though because it isn't in both ears and typically if it is med related, it would effect both ears! I saw the neurologist who is doing tests for APS and something else neurological that causes the body to fatigue in a major way. I was in so much pain by the time I'd reached the neurologist's office that day, I started to cry when she asked me questions. I've done that a couple of times in docs offices over the past few weeks and it's something I'd never done before. I guess I'm THAT overwhelmed! I found out this week, my employer's long term disability plan discontinued my payments starting this week. My neurologist and other docs will help me file an appeal, but I'm not sure how to pay my bills until then. I'm so scared about this. To top off my week, my son wound up in the hospital Friday night. I am not sure how much more I can take.

Amy

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Amy:

I am so very sorry you are having such a tough time. I hope thigns improve soon.

I get vertigo quite frequently, the ENT has decided that it is BPV but autoimmune triggered...thus classified as autoimmune vertigo..Oh Boy! :lol:

What a rotten thing to happen with your employee LTD, have you reached the term? Have they filed for SSDI for you? I believe that they should be doing the filing for SSDI. I hope you win the appeal, I am sure you Dr's will work with you on the billing until this is figured out.

((HUGS)) that today is a better day - Stephanie

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Amy,
Try getting a hold of the national lupus foundation in your area to see if they can give you any avenues to go to for help until things get back to normal. Have you thought of filing for disability? I know it takes time but at least you would have something to show people. You can also got to churches for help and Liheap for power bills. This is just some of what is out there. I wish you the best of luck. If you need meds go online and look up I think it is ppa program. This will have the manufactorers of the med send it free to the doctors office and it will be a 3 month supply at a time. Good luck and we are here for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts