TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a checkup at the dermy on tuesday and he told me my whitecellcount was oke but redcellcount was low but acceptable.
I left his office with the feeling something was not right.
Needles to say I felt depressed and unwell.
I finally picked up the phone to call the dermy.
I explained the situation to his assistant and said I was a little conserned about the redcell count.She said that the dermy wrote in the file that bloodtests were ok.She then had a look at the tests results wich where done in april by the way(been feeling worse again for months now).
She said that indeed they where low but just about acceptable.
She told me to go to my GP to have it checked again.
I mean comeone now, they have been low since april and am getting worse instead of better.
Sorry, but am really upset about the dermatoloigst attitude.
Forgive me for complaining :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
No No, complain away :mad:

I think it is good that you are getting mad. You have been given the run around for long enough and it's about time you got mad. I just hope that it can be channelled into useful "getting mad" that gets results.

Katharine

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

You are not complaining you are upset because you do not feel well and you do not have answers... They have a range with blood counts... Yours was probably just below normal... This has happened to me in the past ... If you are feeling really upset about this and a lot of time our gut tells us something else is wrong... I would go to the GP and tell him or her how you are feeling... And they can run more tests to see how things are now...
I have just gone through something similar... I get ultrasounds every three months... three months ago I told the girl that was doing the tests that I have been having problems with my bowels... They do a full body every time I go in... I waited to see if I would get a call and nothing happened and nothing was said... This time (yesterday) I went and and the girl that was doing the test said... Do you have Diverticulosis or Colitis? I said not that I am aware of.... WEll I knew something was wrong but again I have to wait till it gets back to my doctor to find out if it is that or something else... So I say go with your gut...
If you dont feel right go back...
Good luck to you and let us know what happens...

Love Penny

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Penny, going to call my GP tomorow and get my blood tested again.
I knew something was up, so am glad I am right.Next time I see the dermatologist I will give him a peace of my mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts