The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have my visual test this afternoon.. can anyone here who has had this done describe what it is they actually do and why? I understand it is because I am on Plaquinel but I was curious if I needed to know anything important prior to having this done...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

A field of vision test...you lookinto a box like thing and press a button everytime you see a light flash. This gets reported and printed to a graph for the doctor.

This basically checks for blind spots in your vision.

It is painless and takes about 15-20 minutes. Nothing to worry about...I have one every year since I started on plaquenil.

Stephanie

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
I have visual field tests after my optic neuritis, they are as Stephanie describes. They are also used for glaucoma patients.

Hope yours went well.

Deb

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Jenna,

I had to laugh when you said you felt sleepy. I don't know if it is the meds or just the test itself. When I have it done I feel like I am mesmerized. It creates a floating sensation in my head, well sort of, hard to explain but I think I know what you mean.

Did they give you the results? I get my results right away with this and my OCT scans too.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the guy said was that the doc would call me in soon (which I already have an app next week) .. he did say one eye looked better then the other but that he thinks they are both in good range.. and then said "but I am not the one who reads them" SOooooo : )

YES I did feel mesmerized!! Perfect wording.. thought i was having another seizure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.