The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

i hope that you are all feeling well.

i have posted on here a few weeks ago and wanted to thank you for your advice and support.

anyways since being on here last i have been signed off of work - due to my aches, pains, memory loss, tiredness, depression, etc.. i still have not been diagnosed with lupus but my doctor has decided to run some more blood tests, am still waiting on a referral for the rheumy. he also put me on 30mg pred for 5 days whilst i am waiting i have just had a call from my doctor to go back to see him as my recent blood tests are back and showing some abnormalitites ( always very vague over the phone so not sure which ones except my raised ESR again and low vit B12)

one of the ones that I know was out of range was vitamin B12, and wanted to know if this is a common problem with lupus as i am not that sure what it actually does?

one other question that i wanted to ask - i feel quite low and depressed some of the time and wanted to know if this is actualloy a symptom as i am having some horrible dark thoughts! i know that i would never do anything but it is very worrying as it is totally out of charecter for me. i have told my fiance and he is relly supportive but doesnt really understand.

i am seeing the GP thursday so hopefully will have some answers as it is all so frustrating - my poor fiance gets the brunt of my mood swings and this just makes me feel even worse! :rolleyes:

thanks again for any advice - this waiting game is so frustrating!

sorry for the long email and rant! :eek:

regards

chelle

·
4,446 Posts
Hi Chelle.. theres a huge emotional element to Lupus and associated diseases.. the lupus itself causes problems as does just trying to come to terms and dealing with a disease like this day to day... the pain has a massive impact on your emotions too. I also felt at times at the end of my tether... once diagnosed and treated everything has balanced for me, which is a blessing!! Anyway, you are not alone, but I do think you need to chat to your GP about how you are feeling.. Vit B12, or lack of it, also can have an impact on your emotions... so be kind to yourself and know that when things are a bit more controlled, you will feel more like your old self emotionally.. but sometimes people do need help from their drs, so let him/her know too.
Til the next time... take care XX
Claire

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Chelle, It is good you have been signed off work as you can rest, our bodies need this. The steroids should help you, although they might add to your emotional state. They can cause mood swings, but for such a short time, it shouldn't be too bad. The high esr indicates inflammation, the b vitamins help to maintain the nervous system and a lack of them can leave us tired and depressed. I am not aware of any connection with lupus although I do know a few on this board have b12 injections, so they will be able to help you more.

As claire said finding out you are ill and the uncertainty of diagnosis can cause emotional upset as well as the disease process itself. Being unable to keep with activities and tasks we once did with ease is frustrating. Hang on in there, you have a supportive doc and you will get there. I hope the steroids help you, but don't overdo it!

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!

your support and advice is always such a comfort on here! it really is so nice to know that people understand how you are feeling! (not that i would ever wish it upon anyone to feel this horrid all the time)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.