The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back to the dr today just for him to ignore me for the first 10 minutes he was in the room with me. He barely even looked my direction the entire visit. He told me he could not help me with the pain and told me to use ben gay. He says my potassium is low and that he was going to write me a script for potassium then he forgot to write it. I did not notice he did not write it with the rest of my meds until I was at work. I called his office but of course they have not called me back. He told me I need to see a neurologist because my right hand will not stop shaking and I have been getting really bad headaches. I had to ask him 3 times if there is one he recommends before he would give me a name of a neurologist and that is all he gave me is a name I have to look up office location and phone number to make an appointment. I asked for a copy of my medical records because I am going to consult with another rhuemy in a couple of weeks. He charged me $35 for my records that I can pick up from his office next week. The only good thing that came out of this visit is he lowered my prednisone. I now take 10 mg one day and 5 mg the next day alternating back and forth. Sorry for ranting just felt the need to vent.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sounds like a truly terrible visit.

Be careful with the potassium... too high a potassium can be a bad thing too and I would be more interested in finding out the cause of the low potassium before treating it with supplements. Do you have any symptoms of low potassium? If you can, see your GP and ask his/her advice on that topic as the rheumy was really not all that helpful with an explanation for it.

I've has a pretty low potassium before too a few times, and have never been prescribed potassium pills. I just eat more bananas and yogurt and other things higher in potassium. ;)

Good luck with your next rheumy.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I am very sorry for the visit with this more then incompetent idiot today.:mad::mad::mad:

I think moving on to bigger and better doctors is a wise decision on your part.

I wish you luck and let us know how you make out with the new doctor.:wink2:

If the new doctor requested the records they would not have cost you one penny.:mad::mad::mad:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
If you were not being treated very well or you thought he has not paying attention to you, you should of said something. You pay for a service and have a right to have the service. Would you pay for all of your food and only take half of it home with you, no I don't think you would. I do want to remind everyone here that doctors are human and have bad days also. The things that bother us also bother doctor, nurses, and office staff. It could of been that he lost a patient that day no one will ever know what was bothering him.

I think you should say something the next time you are at the office and see what happens. We should not have to fight for good care but when you are dealing with humans well they have emotions and feelings also. You can also ask to talk to the office manager about this and see if it gets any better for you. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is always like that when I go to see him. I have said something in the past hoping it would change but it doesn't O and the office manager is his wife so can't really do to much there. I think it is best if I just move on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Missi

Low potassium are u on water pills they can cause potassium loss I Eat a banana to replace this. This could b why you r suffering with cramp.

Hope u sort him out soon

dixy

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Have you had your iron and b12 levels checked recently! Deficiencies on both of these can cause leg cramps and many other symptoms!

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Low calcium can cause leg cramps also.

Good luck with your neuro appointment. I hope you don't have to wait too long to be seen.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts