The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night I couldnt' remember if took my nightly amytripline and clonzpam

I was worried that I didn't take it and I really do need them , after a lot of thought. I fiqured out i didnt.

so of course I took more. well I had the best sleep I have ever had since dx with lupus :rotfl:
oops , double dose it was

I am a abit doppy today, wonder why ? I am also going back to using my pill container. ( I do realise how serious it could have been )
have a good day eveyrone. for me it will be very quiet :lol:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Carol, I've done that same thing ..... bad. But, when I told my dr. that the amtriptylene was working fairly well at giving me good sleep, he told me to up my dose to two pills if I wanted. Gave me a Rx for 60 pills a month so I can take two if I need. Now, I normally never would do that because I would spend the next day enjoying the company of the sofa and the insides of my eyelids. All day long. But after a horrid pain day and looking at a horrid pain night, I do take two ami's and I do sleep. I've only done that a few times,but the sleep is heavenly and it's worth the price I pay. So you might talk to your dr. Could be that you could have the option of great sleep when you need it most.

Hugs,
Sunny

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey sunny what a a great idea to sleep through the pain. I will talk to my doc again. well if I ever get an appt :lol: I am still working on these new doctor thing
thanks

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Goats,

I have gone up and down on my nortryp dose over the years. Currently it is at 60mg. I was over 100mg at one point which was wonderful sleep but much too heavy of a fog on the following day. 60mg has been the past year or so as the best compromise between sleep and clear head during the day. I still have some 75mg that I take every now and then when I need a really good nights sleep. I also have extra methadone for bad pain days which is a total blessing when I need them.

Karen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts