The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I now have seen the Rheumy for a review appointment who states he wants me to take Vit D and Calcium tablets for 3 months to determine if this is the cause of my joint pains etc. I am now into my second month of taking these and I must admit I thought they were helping as my symptoms had improved. However with the warm weather we have had over the last few days, my symptoms have worsened with stiff sore swollen joints in the morning, extreme fatigue, headaches and a redness over cheeks and nose when I have been in the sun which has not happened before.

So my question is: does anyone find their symptoms are worse in the warm weaher and better in colder/wet weather?

Many thanks

Janet

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi Janet,
I suffer all year round, somedays are better than others. But as a rule it's all year round.
The sun brings out my rash and makes my whole body hurt, the winter really affects my joints, pain swelling, stiffness.
Really i'm in pain all the time, joints, muscles, stomach, headache & the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Janet, I am ill all year round unfortunately. Winter with the cold and damp affects me and the constant infections etc, spring and autumn the low sun affects me and summer the heat, sun and cold affect me. It sounds awful, but it is ok, you get used to it!!!! Other people have different experiences I am sure as their lupus affects them differently.

The important thing is to make a note of this and report it to your rheumy. Maybe take a photo of the rash as well. Keeping a symptom diary is a useful way for the rheumy to keep track of your symptoms between appts. If the sun affects you, use sunblock and try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

Rest up and I hope your symptoms ease soon.

Deb

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Sun and hot weather are my enemy. During the warm months I stay inside as much as possible.

Once you are diagnosed and begin treatment things may change for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Thanks for the replies. I will start keeping a diary and have already taken photos. I am sufferring really badly in this heat with painful joints I feel like I have been run over by a truck! but hey ho will have to wait until I get a diagnosis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.