The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm hoping that someone might be able to share their experiences or lack of such with me here. For the past few days my eyes are just watering out of control...it's as if they are just overflowing with tears at all times. It seems to get worse as the day progresses and is at it's peak at dinner time. I'm starting to wonder if I haven't developed some new allergy at this time of year, that I've never had before, but before I write it off as such I thought I'd check in and see if anyone else has experienced this. One eye seems to be a little worse than the other...there is no redness and I'm sure that it's not conjunctivitis...my eye does become irritated in appearance later in the day with redness, but nothing on my inner lids...my skin on my cheeks and temples is becoming very red and irritated from the excessive tearing.
Anyone else?
Thanks for reading at the very least :)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Nicole,

I guess it is moving into allergy season over there for you and new allergies are always a possibility. However if it's not itchy or terribly irritated then it may have nothing to do with allergy.

I did have some eye problems which caused a lot of watering, it was in one eye and I also had severe pain behind that eye. It was my Opthamologist who worked out it was a muscle problem doing it.

I guess it's a good idea to run it by your GP and if you are seeing your Optho soon or can see them then definitely question them about it.

love
Lily

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Nicole.
I posted a thread recently under 'Leaky Eye'
See if you can find it, it may be relevant to you.
Sorry I have trouble with posting links for some reason.:blush:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Nicole, Have you told this to your Rheumy, or are you diagnosed yet? I do know that if you are taking Plaquinel, then your are supposed to have your eyes examined once a year by an eye dr. that looks for diseases of the eye, not the kind of eye dr. that tests you for how well you see. In the meantime, buy a normal salien eye drops from your drug store and use it to wash your eye. It will burn at first, then it will feel great.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hmmm I wonder why you are having trouble posting links Bigsis :( Usually you can just highlight the URL, right click them and then paste or using an alternative method, highlight, hit Ctrl and then C, which copies, then when pasting start your cursor and hit Ctrl and then V.

Here is the link to the post you started anyway :wink2:

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69096

love
Lily

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dry eyes

Hello,
I am new too this site, but I do remember reading that a symptom of lupus is dry eyes, and it actually makes your eyes tear alot. Mine have been doing the same for about 2 months now, there are eye drops that can help with that, good luck...
Connie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts